SOTD : Saturday 20th June - Friday 26th June 2020

Thursday 25th June
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Lemon, Peppermint & Menthol - Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - ½ Gillette Nacet Stainless #1 - Electrif's Lementhol A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
apt00LG.jpg

Mmmmmm, chilly!!!!!!

image.jpeg

SOTD 25th June 2020

Razor - Feather WS-D1
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush - Alpha Chubby fitted with a Maggards SHD Silvertip knot
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Fine Lavender aftershave with added Lavender, Bergamot and peppermint EO's for added strength and endurance

I must first say thank you to @Pontormo for gifting me another puck of Czech & Speake shave soap, this time I was sent the Oxford and Cambridge travel puck to try before I buy! :)

The scent of this soap is IMO a 5 on a 1-10 scent scale, it opens up with a fresh lavender topped with peppermint, Rosemary and Bergamot gradually giving way to a subtle base of warm oak moss, it really is a classic and sophisticated scent.

It was whipped into a creamy lather that offered slick protection that you would expect from a soap made for C&S by Valobra.

My Feather WS-D1 fitted with a Feather blade made short work of two days growth and left me with baby soft skin, a splash of Thayers astringent as an aftershave and a few sprays of my fortified Fine Lavender aftershave which is now more of an EdT with the extra essential oils I added, is it a dead ringer for C&S Cologne.........I don't know, I've not yet had the pleasure but I think It could be somewhere close! :)

A very enjoyable shave and I'm pleased to have tried the Czech and Speake O&C shave soap, a very good soap indeed.

Untill the next time, be safe, be cool :cool:

Paul.

Hello chaps

Thursday

La Toja
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Flat Bed Tech (England, 1948)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
La Toja after shave

La Toja is up there with the big guns like Tabac, I feel. Outstanding performance and scent. Two days of growth ridiculed and consigned to history.

Don't know where the time has gone; hope all's well with you and yours, guys.

S.

63B960E8-8061-47AF-8ED7-989418561FB6.jpeg

Thu 25 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Yaqi Knight Helmet 1st Use
Blade Tatra Platinum 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers + Hyaluronic
Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Nice scent & cooling lather from the soap. Face lathering with the brush was excellent and produces a creamy slick layer.
Shave with 1 of the known aggressive razor with really huge blade gap. Quite daunting but proceeded with the nice smooth Tatra blade. Was surprised it was not as aggressive during WTG on face & neck. Found the angle easily and was smooth although can surely feel the blade. XTG on face was smooth too but on the neck...wooo..much blade feel! ATG on trouble spots..wow...was very tentative and gingerly found the safe angle. Only 1 creeper...not bad.
DFS++ with 8.7/10 rating
This Knight Helmet razor is quite ok but for first use not so comfortable as yet..
20200625_071850.jpg
20200625_074859.jpg

Thur 25th June

Stirling Syn. 26mm
P & B Citra Royale
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 9 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Feeling a bit sad after todays Shave with this rather iconic A/C Razor, as I have agreed to passing it on to pastures new.I nearly had second thoughts, but as I have not used it since May 1st and have far too many other Razors to use - it has to go. The consolation is that someone else will be able to try out one of the early Classic AC/SEs , which has delivered me some very nice Shaves.

IMG_0819.jpg

25.06/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Superinox Bolzano (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, shower.
Balm: Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
Aftershave: DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk 26  (7).JPG
The more i use the Blackbird, the better the shaves seem to get.
I did enjoy that, Bay Rum is a favourite of mine and the lather was very slick.
The Bolzano Blade still very smooth leaving me comfortable & BBS.
I nice splash of DRH and i am ready for the rest of the day.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
First SOTD post for some time...
20200625_162406.jpg

• Pre-shave shower and face wash with Ach Brito 'Glyce Classic' soap
  • Phoenix & Beau 'Denali' shaving soap
  • Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 'Green Ray' Synthetic 24mm Hybrid Tribble brush
  • EJDE89 razor head, Razorock Titanium (10cm) handle, Gillette 'Nacet' blade
  • Cold rinse and rub with 'Green Blok' alum, followed a few minutes later by another cold rinse
  • Proraso Green AS splash, followed 15 minutes later by Proraso Green AS balm
  • Topped off with Ach Brito 'Lavanda' eau de cologne (not on face!)
Overall, a very cool shave on a very hot day! (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom