SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

20/02/21
5 for Feb
Shower
Pre: Cold water rinse and face wash with the Wickams pre shave soap.
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (5)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 8 (1).JPG
All good, 3 passes for a BBS comfortable finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Saturday 20th February
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Tallow Cream - Ornate Handle Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
qX2D338.jpg

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you’re all well

Brush - Medium Jock Synth
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Astra SP #4
Soap - TGS Abysso
Post - EJ Limes and Pomegranate
Splash - TGS Abysso

Bought this razor last week from the international sales office (Plymouth Branch) and decided to use it this afternoon for a pre-football shave, does anybody else have a pre-football shave? Probably not.
Such an easy shave with this razor, aided by an excellent thick lather from the soap.
Post shave excellent but there’s something industrial with the scent from the EJ balm.
Anyway I’m left with a facefeeler and in a confident mood as regards to the football at 3pm.

Stay safe fellas.

8E36F5D4-4C82-4B2F-AD9B-D26FCD15EC5F.jpeg

Sotd-20-02-21.jpg

This afternoon -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (plate 4)
blade - Super Max - super platinum (1)
soap - OSP tester
brush - Simpson Trafalgar 2 synth
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - Nivea sensitive
scent - Quorum edt.

Top end. A shave made in a place where they know how to make shaves. I hadn't used the Rockwell for
a while - in my opinion, a next to faultless razor. It gets the job done without fuss, almost boring in its
reliability and ease of use. I notice you get coloured ones now - which is kind of cool. So - all good, I'm
not sure how that could of been a better shave - well - I might come up with a few suggestions - but they
would be fattening, immoral or actually illegal. :cool: Enjoy yours - one and all - stay safe - yours - I.

View attachment 65145

This afternoon -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (plate 4)
blade - Super Max - super platinum (1)
soap - OSP tester
brush - Simpson Trafalgar 2 synth
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - Nivea sensitive
scent - Quorum edt.

Top end. A shave made in a place where they know how to make shaves. I hadn't used the Rockwell for
a while - in my opinion, a next to faultless razor. It gets the job done without fuss, almost boring in its
reliability and ease of use. I notice you get coloured ones now - which is kind of cool. So - all good, I'm
not sure how that could of been a better shave - well - I might come up with a few suggestions - but they
would be fattening, immoral or actually illegal. :cool: Enjoy yours - one and all - stay safe - yours - I.
Fabulously coloured background

Pre = Home Made
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Yaqi Dice 24mm Tux
Cream = Executive Shaving Bay Rum
Splash = Myrsol Astringent
Balm = Executive Shvaving Bay Rum
Well another decent shave,
This Bay Rum is nearly a year old and iv probably got around half a dozen shaves left.
Great glass jars for a new puk.
The blade again was the third use Winner Platinum and it feels just as good today as it did two shaves ago.
I Reckon i could get at least another 2- 4 shaves from this blade but iv limited myself to 3 just to try get through some blades.

4FD7E82A-75A4-406C-8B28-F86F618A5C8A.png

Saturday 20th February

ACtC-3f4aCXR3gMjHaUm0DeF4NRnvvpHUmr-FOy4EqNbsObPYT0PUL4W5FJTcFfSp3sCeyNVR1GbEBCQFUdkmjTmKdAXvjLrcHsj9FQ9t7yfbjqvDj4wXdzcsSga3SC9NKR-w6V9JGQ6QWaLsl_o5nZhsmpqMA=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Union Sq Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
Vidyut Rise Stainless (4)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

ACtC-3dtH_vzVf5EPigce9BTNqiqfs9uL7HyxQqOVZ6SeQnfmHFglknvuAF8cALBBJ-mJHSEHAPJtjFNdxKgMAQArFEWY74ICoRagCyQrG7Tz30SqvZ68clYzgMoB6RV90deB5ulpZb4eUQN0SVLgj_LbJP1cw=w300

Four delightful shaves with this Rise Stainless which I award a 9/10 placing is squarely amongst such peers as the PermaSharp Super, the Silver Star Super Stainless and the Gillette Super Thin (Thai). It is very sharp and keen, but smooth with it. If you find the ever-present danger of the PermaSharp Super a tad too much, yet the Silver Star Super Stainless a touch too safe then the Rise Stainless is bang in the middle and just right for you, Goldilocks!

First go with Wickham's 1912 Union Sq, a private label soap which is reputed to be entirely unscented, with whatever scent it has being from the ingredients alone. I do have Wickham's 1912 Unscented and this is scented, albeit ever so slightly give a "cologne-like freshness with subtle light woody undertones" ... while others describe it as Cherry Cola. There is a nuttiness to it, akin to a toned down Cella and while I don't get Cherry Cola, I do get sour cherry; the sort of sour cherry you get in those lambic fermentation Belgian Beers. Yep! It's Cherry Bakewell!

... unless, of course, there's a difference in ingredients to the regular Wickham's 1912. I fancy it didn't lather quite as well, but likely due to the small sample pressed into the bottom of a tub hindered loading. I'm struggling to find an ingredient list, so if anyone can find a known-good ingredient list for Union Sq, I'd be very grateful to see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom