SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

Todays Shave Kit Wenesday 24th Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.80/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Heritage Hill - Continental Shave Soap (Tangerine/Menthol)
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (2.5, 2.5, 2.0)
Blade: Gillete Super Blue (2)
Post Shave: Officina Artigiana - Traditional Cologne Aftershave
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Awesome BBS DFS, not sure it'll get much closer than this, particularly liked the ASL today

Have a great day everyone.

Joe

Prep: Shower, followed by Palmolive Olive Soap
Pre: Proraso PreShave
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: 24mm Boti Brush Boss knot
Razor: Gillette Super Slim Twist 1974
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (2)

Today's shave was a great example of a blade bedding in. Second time out the Perma Sharp whizzed around with good pickup and no irritation. I'll give it a third go tomorrow though a different razor to compare, and then see if it warrants staying in rotation or not. Also, got to say I'm loving a bit of mid-week Bay Rum action

Yesterday evening -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (plate 4)
blade - Super Max - Platinum (2)
soap - OSP - UKWSS - 'the herb garden'
brush - Vie-Long - Anniversary two band
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol - Agua Balsamica
balm - Nivea sensitive.

The soap - a Spanish summer day in a tub. Wandering about hay meadows in the Asturias - the cicada choir - horizon wobbling in the heat haze. The sunlight is relentless - rasping, a cat's tongue. Air shimmering - almost opaque - heavy with the heady scent of wild herbs.

Enough nostalgia already. They can keep me locked down - but my memories can travel without hindrance. Have a good day all - enjoy shaving. I.

24 February

B&M Reserve Fern
Yaqi Dandelion
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

Another very good shave with the Vector, I will need to find another razor tomorrow, there is a danger of my other razors being neglected. The B&M Reserve is new too, and it has a wonderful scent and a rich lather.

24/02/21
5 for Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Razorock Hawk A
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Bay Rum EO Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum Argan Oil
Aftershave: @Electrif 's Bay Rum #1

Due to the Loaner from Chris @Boycie83 my 4 for Feb became 5, after the razor went back home i pondered and pondered then succumbed, So a new one is now in the stable sporting the HD handle, thank you Dave @shavingtime (and @Boycie83 for some top enabling) for a very quick service. I really like it with this handle, it does seem more balanced.
So, a face-full of soft Badger, 2 passes and a little touch up on the devils whirlpools for a comfortable BBS finish.
I really am enjoying these Bay Rum themed shaves and Arthurs splash is really adding to the experience. Surely though the next shave will see the splash to an end.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All