SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

The end of week shave themed, 'Ikonic class'

20220825_193358.jpg

Upper class - Ikon B1
Middle class - Polsilver Lodz
Working class - Yaqi Dandelion
Lower class - Signature Soaps Londinium
School class - L'Occitane Cade
Scum class - Me

'I asked if you could play with my banjo string and you play an effing ukulele. I bloody hate that Fred Halibut'

My classical shave set up and if life said 'One shaving set up to the end' then quite simply, this would be it. Classical gear with classical results and a great end to the week.

I wish you all a wonderful bank-holiday weekend and the same for all your family and friends. Me? I'm working and Mrs Satanfriendly is away. Hurrah for errant wives and Booooo to having to pull things off.

Who the bitch? These ladies are apparently

And you know the score. I love you all

The end of week shave themed, 'Ikonic class'

View attachment 92417

Upper class - Ikon B1
Middle class - Polsilver Lodz
Working class - Yaqi Dandelion
Lower class - Signature Soaps Londinium
School class - L'Occitane Cade
Scum class - Me

'I asked if you could play with my banjo string and you play an effing ukulele. I bloody hate that Fred Halibut'

My classical shave set up and if life said 'One shaving set up to the end' then quite simply, this would be it. Classical gear with classical results and a great end to the week.

I wish you all a wonderful bank-holiday weekend and the same for all your family and friends. Me? I'm working and Mrs Satanfriendly is away. Hurrah for errant wives and Booooo to having to pull things off.

Who the bitch? These ladies are apparently

And you know the score. I love you all

So that's why George Formby had a permanent grin?

SOTD: 26/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Aftershave
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Sample soap week continues with Wickhams Irish Fern. I already have the balm which I love the smell of (and one of the few balms that doesn't leave the skin tacky). Good performing soap although a little trickier to lather than some others but not overly so and you will be rewarded. The Irish Fern for me pairs exceptionally well with Sandalwood.

ABBB785D-73B9-4CB1-96A0-2511F440A479.jpeg

26/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 34 (7).JPG
A very nice shave this morning with the ever dependable 6S.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 26-Aug
20220825_165245.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Brilliant shave this morning, my last outing with the feather in the WR2 was a little dicey having been a bit over zealous. Very light touch rewarded me with a very smooth finish, needed a touch up on the neck (always my problem area) but excellent finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

0zuioHt.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave Lotion, Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose Aftershave Balm

Blade : Treet Platinum
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate r4
Brush : Omega Boar
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun
Arrived yesterday at 7.20am for surgery . 3.30pm op cancelled- surgeon over ran theatre time ( 3 previous complex cases with erm complications) . Unshaven returned home. Todays , excellent shave due to the above kit. Will need to badger the hospital to get me sorted. What a shower.

Arrived yesterday at 7.20am for surgery . 3.30pm op cancelled- surgeon over ran theatre time ( 3 previous complex cases with erm complications) . Unshaven returned home. Todays , excellent shave due to the above kit. Will need to badger the hospital to get me sorted. What a shower.
I hope the hospital pulls it's finger out and you get your surgery very soon.

Paul.

Last edited:

How frustrating. I do hope you get your operation quickly and recover even quicker.

Typical!

Back
Top Bottom