SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

Tuesday 23rd April
AC-Matic 3D - Schick Proline P #5 - Jayaruh 289 Timber Wolf - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Blue Stratos AS - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Balm
1000018185-01.jpg

Razorock ‘Zi Peppino’
PAA 26mm aerolite Phantom
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #2
Epsilon ‘Blue Mediterranean’ AS

Good head and face shave after a shower, probably got a half dozen shaves left of the remaining soap won’t replace as I’ve got enough soap for the next fifteen years! Off out in a couple of hours for pub meal with family, happy St George’s Day for all true Englishmen!

IMG_4908.jpeg
SOTD: 22/04/2024

Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.86mm
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Olive Wood Boti New Tuxedo
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

This was my 3rd shave with the Wolfman and much improved. Just one slightest of nicks, and the skin feels closely shaved but not sore so it’s great! The soap is amazing which helped and after initially being worried this would be too much for daily use I’m happy to keep it up and use it for a few more days as it’s proving a very enjoyable experience.

23/4/24

Soap - MdC Vetyver
Brush - Yaqi 20mm G4
Razor - Gillette Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Suneko (2)
Post - Alum
AS - Denim Original

Second lather with MdC, better today than it was yesterday, it's a decent performer for sure, lovely scent too. The positive was that it didn't make my face burn like it did yesterday - huzzah!

Second shave with the Suneko too, great results for a mild razor like the Tech I used today (my mildest Tech) but it's not a very smooth or comfortable blade in the shave. I'm yet to find to a Chinese made blade I really like, this is another blade that will go into my 'Ok' pile of blades.

1000013906.jpg

EA00882D-4C0E-49A1-8727-29339408BD7A.jpeg
Simpson Duke 3 Super
Karve Overlander
Polsilver S.I. (3)
Nivea shaving cream
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime a/s

Quick and easy evening shave. First time using this splash and it’s quite refreshing with a nice balance of lime, whilst retaining the Old Spice DNA.

Enjoy yours gents

Hello-Boys-2.jpg

Hello there you sexless well shaven folk.

Today I present you with my last couple of shaves as despite the best of intentions last night, a couple of beers came between me and my SOTDing. So here they are, two shaves with one theme, 'The witches and the Vatican'

Monday

20240422_200102.jpg

The razor of Eastwick - Stainless Mongoose
Wicked blade of the west - Schick Proline
The red witch - Highlander LFC brush
The Blair witch soap - Alvarez Gomez
Moisticia Addams - Olay moisturiser
Malefiscent - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien
'Oh good God love. Can you not just go to bed like any other woman?'

the trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them’s a mongoose.

In this case one of them was a Mongoose. An animal it may be, furry it isn't. With the new in-vogue Proline slapped between its plates a truly efficient animal.

The brush. After arriving on my doorstep complete with a hex courteous of a covern of Montenegro witches, I am pleased to say after this past weekend's performance it appears it has been expurgated. I hope so as we have those blue nosed batards Everton tomorrow night. Cursed brushes are not on the menu.

As a shave, superbly sublime and the Alvarez performing brilliantly. On a more serious note the Mongoose and Schick are one top notch pairing. A desert island razor? All the way.

So happy you can have those happy girlies Pantyhose and their 'I haven't got a bloody clue song'. But who cares? Fed up with it? I'm not.

Tuesday

20240423_153217.jpg

Pontifical razor - Ikon B1
Apostolic blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Blessed brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Sacred soap - Signature Londinium
Gregorian grease - Collagen
Papal perfume - Bath House Cuban Cedar
and Lime

'Awfully cramped in that toilet'

In due consideration the LFC brush arrived cursed, with Marine sitting 3rd in their league and one match to play it was very important that this brush was free of any maledictions to at least make the play offs. Hence I understand it was sent to the Vatican and received a Papal blessing. Blessed be.

On the brushing side of life, superb. As I mentioned elsewhere I've needed another Silksmoke in my life after the great job the Wee Whiskey Barrel does. I did try an 'Arctic Fox' (if I recall correctly) and despite looking similar, it was akin to doing that brush thing with a sheet of course sandpaper. But this one? Heavenly. A Cashmere with a bit more body to it while remaining soft and pliable. A win win.

Altogether another cracking evening by the sink and my face cracked while trying to grin.

Some Japanese girly pub rock? Why not then.....

View attachment 119714

Hello there you sexless well shaven folk.

Today I present you with my last couple of shaves as despite the best of intentions last night, a couple of beers came between me and my SOTDing. So here they are, two shaves with one theme, 'The witches and the Vatican'

Monday

View attachment 119676

The razor of Eastwick - Stainless Mongoose
Wicked blade of the west - Schick Proline
The red witch - Highlander LFC brush
The Blair witch soap - Alvarez Gomez
Moisticia Addams - Olay moisturiser
Malefiscent - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien
'Oh good God love. Can you not just go to bed like any other woman?'

the trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them’s a mongoose.

In this case one of them was a Mongoose. An animal it may be, furry it isn't. With the new in-vogue Proline slapped between its plates a truly efficient animal.

The brush. After arriving on my doorstep complete with a hex courteous of a covern of Montenegro witches, I am pleased to say after this past weekend's performance it appears it has been expurgated. I hope so as we have those blue nosed batards Everton tomorrow night. Cursed brushes are not on the menu.

As a shave, superbly sublime and the Alvarez performing brilliantly. On a more serious note the Mongoose and Schick are one top notch pairing. A desert island razor? All the way.

So happy you can have those happy girlies Pantyhose and their 'I haven't got a bloody clue song'. But who cares? Fed up with it? I'm not.

Tuesday

View attachment 119711

Pontifical razor - Ikon B1
Apostolic blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Blessed brush - Highlander Marine AFC
Sacred soap - Signature Londinium
Gregorian grease - Collagen
Papal perfume - Bath House Cuban Cedar
and Lime

'Awfully cramped in that toilet'

In due consideration the LFC brush arrived cursed, with Marine sitting 3rd in their league and one match to play it was very important that this brush was free of any maledictions to at least make the play offs. Hence I understand it was sent to the Vatican and received a Papal blessing. Blessed be.

On the brushing side of life, superb. As I mentioned elsewhere I've needed another Silksmoke in my life after the great job the Wee Whiskey Barrel does. I did try an 'Arctic Fox' (if I recall correctly) and despite looking similar, it was akin to doing that brush thing with a sheet of course sandpaper. But this one? Heavenly. A Cashmere with a bit more body to it while remaining soft and pliable. A win win.

Altogether another cracking evening by the sink and my face cracked while trying to grin.

Some Japanese girly pub rock? Why not then.....

Are you using the P-30 blades from Connaught?

Back
Top Bottom