SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

Sunday 21st April

AP1GczMAui1bHWI2DXyBla5h-dlg1uNdJJ92xxe2DxvFfZIOgT8dVNLcNOyvM25MPUlLXSOf2EMRpdcNf4BxaNZrS23rnDBGPAejcZTFx97IgrqlLylegcfmAeuEWOkCx8MI2-77kqvVs9a05nJgBlcWS9jXIQ=w800

Meissner Tremonia Bay & Rum Shaving Soap & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle & Elios Inox (3)
DR Harris Bay Rum Aftershave

I really enjoyed this Elios blade - now made by Lord, it felt like a Lord and if I was pressed for a comparison then I'd say the Lord Classic. Highly enjoyable!

I spend most of the day playing out again ...

I've been tasked with reducing my wood pile which is a mixed bag of all sorts of odd and ends, offcuts, full lengths, all sorts. So, I've set about a few little tasks around the garden.

Today, I fenced off this little patio area:

AP1GczOn7j3q_OqqXP5QDgupHuI9yIvr2OLZPNdCrrtY-UfESMqAkqR_jfUi1C6258Lyi89yQ0c6hDCFH-RnDZJBOy9uxexpTQ2CZmYQxt4-8Z5su8Ig80XguxnKohaKjhz3d8w893pbtxdD_uVaLMI76MczJw=w800

I ran out of Featheredge so had to bodge the last little bit - if it sticks out like a sore thumb later, I'll buy three new full length boards and finished the job off proper.

AP1GczPXnL7EZ5BhpRHEDxJxcxt8Nwt4Uh1m_skX222G2Nz57Nsik5Ua7MhqXbmnZGum_2A8_2e-8Osk1nizfx5M8tV8RM5sy2WsbXOWP9WvXSxDVLhwT1q3nnLRYSKy3O1bu-FfZkYz2tLutCCvv4WYBGrmGQ=w800

Bit more context?

AP1GczNbpBI8ZYxlspG8WIyfbL2wHz2ts11fYkiadHxaLHmEp9ryyC4LydJl6Tsf0_kbdr66A6e6CqA0BG-0GWZx7FXlORCeJvTMKagG3qIVsFfg5Lh7F5OXZ7mToCC8OPp_AJ4Ly1Jk44f-EBmsHKJBKPp2rA=w800

All that tunnelling is an outdoor run for my cats. Why not let them roam? Psychos and other mal-adjusted people. Shooting, running over, kicking, catnapping. No thanks. My cats, we're a family and I look after my family. This is the best compromise.

Anyway, enough of the distasteful underbelly of British people ...

I also built a ballustrade for our cabin which you can see in that last picture. I'll need to buy some wire to run through. It's a stop-gap, but will probably become permanent. I think I did a good job. Mrs approves. That's all the thumbs-up I need.

Have a great week everyone!
What type of cats do you have?

View attachment 119643
Like our little girl.
I had a feeling you might have had the same breed after seeing the large run.

She is a sweetheart! She so much puts me in mind of my old girl Kenya (she died a few years ago). Beautiful!

AP1GczOanUGU9SksfhRzB8uVixrRzAlilI-AA5QTvJTX1f9s4G5Kq3cTXJkLNLrMcy4T6Tn3oZ2UUk0XjQdxhHeJFkaTcb6qGOWCQ8b92iD-RIojFXaJyJNW5aRBc7rsx-vrkgFR6evvynk6D-g9NvxXWxRtCw=w800

She was a former breeder and came to live with us in her twilight years. This was her first day with us and I think she has a worried, but it will be alright kind of expression.

Yeah, the tunnels need to be a good foot and a bit so the cats don't have to stoop ... or get into traffic jams!

She is a sweetheart! She so much puts me in mind of my old girl Kenya (she died a few years ago). Beautiful!

AP1GczOanUGU9SksfhRzB8uVixrRzAlilI-AA5QTvJTX1f9s4G5Kq3cTXJkLNLrMcy4T6Tn3oZ2UUk0XjQdxhHeJFkaTcb6qGOWCQ8b92iD-RIojFXaJyJNW5aRBc7rsx-vrkgFR6evvynk6D-g9NvxXWxRtCw=w800

She was a former breeder and came to live with us in her twilight years. This was her first day with us and I think she has a worried, but it will be alright kind of expression.

Yeah, the tunnels need to be a good foot and a bit so the cats don't have to stoop ... or get into traffic jams!
Beautiful cat Paul.
Saying about them thinking they are dogs is true, we have seen many opened mouth faces when ours plays fetch with a tinfoil ball and brings it straight back to throw again.

Cracking shave, Gromit!

Continuing the blade and the lovely Scottish Fine shaving soap (which smells a lot like Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat) but have been anticipating using the Epsilon aftershave for a long time... About 8 months in storage away from home!
Tomorrow I'll pair this with the RazoRock Barbershop Blue for the full Floid Blue homage experience!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Scottish Fine [Shaving] Soap
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Winning Razor V2 Ti, Gillette Nacet
Head - Aylsworth Apex Alu, Astra SP
GN Musashi - soap & splash
Yaki Lucky Dice (tuxedo)
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

2nd outing for my Winning Ti and it didn't disappoint, easily mowing down three days growth like it was nothing for an easy BBS. Wanted to revisit Musashi having recently picked up Kensei, want to compare the two but think I'm actually preferring the scent on Kensei, which just has a beautiful subtle smokiness to it .

1000011150.jpg

Mon 22
Soap PAA Al Fin
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Cognac Neat
A good soap, brush, and splash combination results in a creamy slick lather and smells great!
This razor shaves like a dream...the edge is still silky smooth and keen...
20240422_115028.jpg

A shave with the theme, 'A shave'. Because it was.

20240421_131853.jpg

A shaving razor - Feather AS-D2
A blade for shaving with - Polsilver Lodz
A shaving brush thing - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Some of that shaving soap - Signature Wicstun
Mmmm a moisturiser - Pure
The smell of a shave - Tobs Eton

'Yes sir, yes sir, I understand sir. Get on with the shave repor.........Damn the money has ran out'

Not my favourite razor as never quite sure if it's actually doing anything. But one thing for sure, it certainly delivered the goods and a fine finish indeed.

'I present to your those wonderful girls, Otoboke Beaver. Da da'

Back
Top Bottom