SOTD.: Saturday 1th February - Fryday 7th February 2020

Date:- 02 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Fantastic cold beer of Guinness, because, I cannot stand with so much humidity on warm pisser late afternoon summer shave.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

SOTD : 2nd February 2020.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: omega 49.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Albus Palmira Shaving Soap + The Real Shaving Co. ~ Sensitive Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ ASL + Splash-On Lotion.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave..The Baili BD177 & gillette nacet stainless blade duo yet again performed together superbly,mowing through what stubble that had grown since yesterday with effortless ease leaving my skin feel comfortable & smooth.

Another socially acceptable 3 pass + pick ups smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling like a real ladies man.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
02/02/20

Razor: Merkur Progress #2.5
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 2 Band
Soap: Tabac
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Tabac
ASB: Tabac
EdC: Tabac

IMG_20200201_172809.jpg

Today I shave like it's 1959! This shave is dedicated to @Paul L following his generous PIF of the Tabac ASL.

A fantastic smelling and smooth finish with the full Tabac shave line-up. First time using a Gillette Wilkinson Sword - I was keen to try it after the Gillette Winner. I thought the Gillette Winner was a great blade and this GWS appears to also be good based on this shave. Both blades are offensively cheap with 50 blades of each delivered from ~£3.50 on eBay.

02/02/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Vulfix Service #3 1950
Soap: Body Shop / Palmolive Super-lather
Razor: Supply V2 - Plate #2
Blade: Personna (8)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Tonyschin's Neroli & Orange Astringent
Balm: Tonyschin's Neroli & Orange Argan Oil
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk6  (2).JPG

Its been a while since i used the super-lather, it works very well. I had about 5mm Maca root in the bottom of the tub so cut 2 Sticks up and pressed them into the Cream. It lathers brilliantly.
A very nice Sunday Morning shave setting me up for the day ahead.
Enjoy your Sunday All

Last edited:
02/02/20

Razor: Merkur Progress #2.5
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 2 Band
Soap: Tabac
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Tabac
ASB: Tabac
EdC: Tabac

View attachment 51048

Today I shave like it's 1959! This shave is dedicated to @Paul L following his generous PIF of the Tabac ASL.

A fantastic smelling and smooth finish with the full Tabac shave line-up. First time using a Gillette Wilkinson Sword - I was keen to try it after the Gillette Winner. I thought the Gillette Winner was a great blade and this GWS appears to also be good based on this shave. Both blades are offensively cheap with 50 blades of each delivered from ~£3.50 on eBay.

I'm pleased you are enjoying using the aftershave, Chris

I must try the balm some day

Sun 2nd Feb

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Vitos Super Red
Occams- Enoch
Feather Proguard [ 4 ]
Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Today I had my first standing up Shave with the Enoch. A very compact little Razor, especially after a week on the much larger Hiram. The Razor is quite agile and judging by the finish I may well have rushed a bit, not as good as previous Shaves around the jawline and neck.

IMG_0481.jpg

Sunday 2nd February

Simpson 'Milk Churn' - Cyril R Salter French Vetiver - Supply V1/Proline B - Monotheme Vetiver Bourbon EDT

One swallow does not make a summer so I gave the Supply another run. If anything....the results were better than yesterday
3 passes for a perfect Sunday Morning shave :)
++1 on the Vetiver Bourbon. May give mine a blast today...

Sunday

MdC Original (sample)
RazoRock 22mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS non-folding
Schick Proline
Alum
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave
BBA balm

The Prolines are very comfortable blades, I find, in the AC; smoother than the Feather Professionals and (just) slightly less lethal.

This was, I think, the third or fourth outing for the MdC (certainly the first in a non-safety razor) and it really performed well. Cushion, glide and protection were all that I expected for a ‘straight' shave.

Applying the Snake Bite after an open razor shave was...revelatory, shall we say!

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

ED488508-E748-4AE4-84A7-A98C944F6042.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom