SOTD.: Saturday 1th February - Fryday 7th February 2020

Sunday 2nd February
RazoRock Plissoft - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Ever Ready Streamline - GEM SSC #4 - Irisch Moos A/S - Wickham 1912 Apricus Balm
VxXvdeZ.jpg

Excellent shave from the outstanding Streamline and Wickhams. Had me bare faced in no time.

91C09714-10A7-4943-8C86-ADC93E90BED3.jpeg

SOTD 02/02/20 7:00. AM

Church meeting today that seemed to go on forever. Finally ended! Time to submit this morning's shave report. The Fatboy Wool Fat experience today resulted in a decent shave. Did my face on 9 and the dome on 7. I know many love this razor, but it's ‘meh' as far as I'm concerned. I never get close to the kind of shave I enjoy. It's definitely not part of the regular rotation. The head geometry is bulky, and the handle too short for comfortable use. It just doesn't work for me, qualified by YMMV. I'll probably sell it, but given the market for these razors will wait as it is in excellent condition.
The shave turned out to be a three pass CCS shave that was disappointing as I was still left with rough areas in the back of my head, and under the jawline, but after the debacle with the Rex, another adjustable, elected to leave well enough alone! I wish all adjustables shaved like my Gibbs. Tomorrow's shave will be better.

RAZOR: Gillette Fatboy
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with PAA's Mentholated Mysterium Serum

Super Bowl Sunday! Reached for the Colonial General SS because it really just is so good! I just can't get over how smooth a shaver this razor is. Weighty yes but just effortless to use.

Today's soap of choice RazoRock Saturnia which has to rate as one of the best scents I have and it is a great soap. Tuscan herbs and sulphur rich minerals...wow is all I say!

Leisurely two pass shave on a slow Sunday afternoon! Topped off with Guerlain Oud Essentiel EDP! Man, Super Bowl...Super Shave!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: RazoRock Saturnia
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Oud Essentiel
547F20BD-1A77-457A-AFD0-575D9E2DF360.jpeg

SOTD 01 February 2020

Pre-shave: Warm shower; Kiehl's face fuel; Seven Potions Pre-Shave Oil - Pure Equilibrium.
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Shaving.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Bowl: Little Wren.
Razor: Pils 101NE.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Stainless) (Day 3).
Post: Cold water, Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Aftershave Splash - Bioaroma Aftershave Balm.
Cologne: Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Solid Cologne.

A one pass shave on Saturday; SWMBO demanded that I have a quick shave as we were going out before the Rugby; great result - a DFS finish with no issues to report.

The Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Solid Cologne is a great performer; during the Rugby in a crowded bar, a lady (not SWMBO) commented quite favourably on how nice I smelled; as ever YMMV :)

No shave today; looking forward to seeing how the Colonial Silversmith mows through some growth.

All the best,

Chris

Date:- 03 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Acqua di Gio Giorgio Armani

For this shave the theme was 'I leave it up to you to use your own words to describe my shave and all I will say is that the Changer 84 was bloody wonderful. Plus of course it will end with some obscure Japanese metal song'

IMG_20200201_190236.jpg

'I leave it up to you to use your own words to describe my shave and all I will say is that the Changer 84 was bloody wonderful. Plus of course it will end with some obscure Japanese metal song'

And it does

Have a most wonderful day folk

Back
Top Bottom