SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

SOTD 20220105.
BRkni3S.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: pre-).
Brush black walnut / APShaveCo SynBad knot.
Lodrino "Spring Water" shaving soap (sample).
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Wizamet Super Iridium (3).
Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: after-).
Loris "E-12" EdP (== Armani Attitude).

SOTD 20220105.
BRkni3S.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: pre-).
Brush black walnut / APShaveCo SynBad knot.
Lodrino "Spring Water" shaving soap (sample).
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Wizamet Super Iridium (3).
Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: after-).
Loris "E-12" EdP (== Armani Attitude).
Good to see you back Jan.

IMG_0277.jpg

I managed to get one last shave from this excellent Stirling sample of the coconut lime. It's more coconut than lime but still a great smelling soap. I won't be buying the full tub, not because I didn't like it but I simply have too many underused soaps as it is.

The Kai works really well with this old razor who will be 70 next year! Although a moment's inattention did result in a stinger on my top lip. The Trumper's reminded me of that! Burn!

Razor: Gillette 1953 Super Speed
Blade: Kai (3)
Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Brush: Simpson's The Duke BB
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Trumper's Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face

05/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula One
Wk 01 - 21 (5).JPG
The lather started off a bit thin today, either too much water left in the brush or not enough loading, i revisited the soap to reload and all went well after that.
It is always a pleasure to use this wonderful shaving tool and today was no exception, 2 passes WTG then ATG for a close BBS finish.
I always found the Baxter's balm a bit "sticky" on its own so mixed it with some Argan oil about 75 Baxter's/25 Argan ratio, not a lot needed, however, it does sink in much more quickly.
A nice splash of the Williams splash which for me seems like a real skin food and i am done.
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Jan. 5, 2022

Another 3 pass shave with ATT SE2.

This time decided to ride the cap more, and also make the lather more runny.... It was tad smoother than previously however still not enough for me. I think next step will be to try different handle for it - something longer. It is a head heavy razor, so fingers crossed that will help to distribute the weight a bit. Few small weepers that closed on it's own so wasn't nowhere near as bad as the first outing.

Lather was brilliant as expected of HOM soap. Great scent too. Both soap and balm are samples

Another star is the Nivea 2phase aftershave lotion. Bought it a while ago and love it. It's been discontinued as far as I know, so will definitely be on search to grab some more before they disappear completely. Seems to work really well for my skin - dare I say maybe even the best out of splashes I have tried.

Wed 5th January

Jayaruh Syn No67
P & B Citra Royale
RR Hawk V3- OC plate
Kai CT Protouch MG ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

With Two days growth and parts of my face being very dry, it was not the pleasantest of Shaves. I suspect that the blade is somehow past its best as it felt unduly harsh during the Shave.

View attachment 82447
Not so good, just 5 shaves from the blade

Back
Top Bottom