SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

I think you're right - I'll give her choosing rights for the next shave as well.

I dismissed the Rainbow early on as I (incorrectly) blamed it for some poor lather so it sat on the shelf for a while. I've used it a couple of times since and I've been really impressed with it. I'm convinced the fibres feel different to some of my other Yaqis and the handle is really comfortable. It's a great brush for face lathering. I think if I was to choose my top 3 Yaqis, it would be the Purple Haze Mew Brown, Sagrada Familia and the Rainbow. I won't be disappointed if my daughter chooses the Rainbow again.

In the YMMV world of shaving, I'm getting ready to accept the Personnas are not for me (although I have some SE blades to try which I'll provide a clean sheet to). I'm debating whether or not to give the blade a second outing on my next shave.

SOTD : 22nd October 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso Sensitive.

Blade: Parker Premium Platinum.(1)

Razor: Pearl SBF-11.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Pearl SBF11 indian made razor,paired up with the Parker P.P. blade superbly resulting in a wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.A superb indian made shaving product duo.

The proraso sensitive soap is a great soap/crope which provides a slick protective lather, my only gripe with it ,is it leaves a white residue on the razor,in-between rinsing which doesn't affect the soap or the razor's performance granted, but i have to give the razor a thorough rinse and clean with a dry cloth,when i use the proraso sensitive, if not the white residue stays on the razor,which i have to clean before use it doesn't help living in a hard water area, which contibutes to the residue film too i suppose...All said though, it's still a fantastic great value for money shaving soap, which i recommend, and will continue to use in future shaves.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Tue 22nd Oct

Omega 11137boar
L`Occitane Cade Cream
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Today I thought I should try out the TNNSER with a cream, using a favourite of mine. Well despite the blade being on a 6th outing I had no problem getting a quality Shave, in fact the Razor/Blade combo worked very well with The L`Occitane. I have not mentioned how easy it is to keep the Razor from clogging up and clean at the end of a Shave , the Razor rinses so easily under the tap that all gunk is easily flushed away.

October 22, 2019
Tatara Masamune OC with Nodachi Top Plate
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Thäter 4125/3
Signature Soaps Hibernia
Fine L'Orange Noir

Trying out Signature Soaps Hibernia today. The scent is listed as Lime, Lemon, Lemongrass, Sweet Orange and Lavender. I really don't pick up the lavender but I do get one of the best citrus scents I have tried. The lather was slick and protective. Three passes and touch ups just missed the baby. A splash of Fine L'Orange was the perfect end to a great shave. I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

22/10/2019
Pre: Nuage Menthol Oil
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Supply V2 Custom / AS-D2
Blade: Personna (1) / 7OC Yellow (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

Very disappointing shave after looking forward to it.
A New blade very much under performing, i had the AS-D2 in the bathroom for such emergencies so i abandoned the Supply and completed the shave with the Feather.
Using the Supply the first pass just did not seem to be taking anything off, it was a new blade so i thought i had not put the correct plate in, anyway, it was switched and i completed the XTG and ATG passes with the Feather.
A nice post shave giving me a DFS+ finish, a very nice post shave for a face freeze (maybe the wrong time of year for it mind).
Blade was checked after the shave and it is blunt - to the blade bank it went.
I so much want this razor to work for me.
Have a great day all.

Thanks for the info about your favourite Yaqis. The Rainbow has a faux horse knot and they are different fibres to the others, they seem to be thinner. I find it a good brush but if I was nitpicking it doesn't release the lather as well as some others, I find at the end of the shave it seems to hold onto lather in the middle of the brush a little more than my Yaqi synths.

I presume the Rex is a bit more on the efficient side of things? I've found Personna Reds and Crystals are a bit more on the efficient side of things, and I can just manage to use them for the mildest razors I own!