SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

SOTD Tue 21 Nov 2023
F2F56285-2C1C-4E4A-81F5-C2809B4336C2.jpeg
Pre. Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl. Glass
Cream. Proraso Sensitive
Brush. Yaqi Huskey (perhaps) synthetic
Razor. Merkur 34C
Blade. Derby Extra (1)
Post. Lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Oh bliss, oh joy, oh the mercy of Merkur! After yesterday’s trials and tribulations today was an example of ‘ah, that’s better’ with the wonderful 34c and Derby Extra (with the help of Proraso lather) gliding smoothly over my face and removing all stubble in 2 and a tidy bit passes. I used less cream this time but still had way too much lather, is big brush syndrome a thing?

25AD41B2-3684-4CDA-BECE-EB489AA90C3A.jpeg
I like a big brush me!

SOTD 22-Nov
20231121_154552.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Hoffman's Affogato
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Very close shave, excellent. I'm going to say either this soap isn't great or I haven't got the lather sorted yet. Get plenty of volume but not a great deal of slickness, I'll overload it with water and take it back from there. If I didn't like the scent so much I probably wouldn't even bother.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone had a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 22 November
Seems Blackland razors are well in favour on TSR this week. For me today its the Dart. Forget the Cold War, a made in USA razor and shave soap coupled with a Russian blade (7x), oh, and an Italian brush as mediator :ROFLMAO: . Could be the nationalities of the crew of the ISS.
I digress, as I’m oft liable to do when trying to describe a shave. Well the Dart has a reputation for being a tad aggressive and I get that, but the old adage let the weight of the razor do the work applies. The shave angle is important but the Dart seems to have a pretty wide angle, unlike say the R41 :eek:
So, bbs in a main pass wtg and then a second mostly atg plus pick ups. I believe the Sputnik has now run out of oompf so a new blade tomorrow is called for.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0386.jpeg

Wednesday 22nd November
E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Proline B #5 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wilkinson Sword Stick - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231119-232111-01.jpg

Last night's shaving effort and a damn fine effort it transpired to be. So this shave appears on your screen with the theme, 'Have you got a cheese butty mate?'

20231121_182657.jpg

Cheesy sandwich - Occams Enoch
Cheesy feet - Kai Titan mild
Cheesy biscuit - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Cheesy cream - Bath House Orange flower
Cheesy skin - Simple moisturiser
Cheesy smell - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Dance for longer. Eat cheese sandwiches'

Originally I planned to write mountains of my usual waffle, but a call at 0815 asking if I could do an urgent job at 0900 put an end to my hopes and inspirations of cheese.

So a Cheesy shave it was. All the way from end to end. A top wedge of the yellow stuff if ever. The Enoch Still remains the fastest razor in my cupboard. Which is a good thing as the Bath House does take time to get it lather but worth the effort. Bath House, vastly underrated and overlooked.

And a top band who are totally non cheese related, unless you have a warped imagination. Over to the Beaver...No video today as there isn't one with what to me is their top track

As someone said, 'It's not the size what attracts the flies but the cheese around rim'

I love you all

22/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - GEM Jr. G3 1943
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 47 (5).jpg
The little GEM Jr is a very comfortable razor for me, 2 passes with a little bit touch up for a very nice finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Rasorock Zi Pepperino
PAA Phantom aerolite 26mm
GEM Micromatic OC
GEM coated #1
Thayers cucumber witch hazel AS

The razor a new purchase off BST that is excellent condition and is a model 2 chromed in an art deco clamshell Bakelite box sadly missing it’s blade holders. Already having a 1912 and a Eveready Streamline/Jewel I am familiar with the correct razor head to face angle, the two pass shave was superb removing two days heavy growth easily, only a tiny weeper under my chin followed by a splash of the witch hazel toner and job done! Before the shave I was well aware that the Micromatic is classed as one if not the most aggressive of the GEM/Eveready/Star family of razors so shaved carefully with a light touch, always great to see these vintage razors get a run out.

Last night's shaving effort and a damn fine effort it transpired to be. So this shave appears on your screen with the theme, 'Have you got a cheese butty mate?'

View attachment 113703

Cheesy sandwich - Occams Enoch
Cheesy feet - Kai Titan mild
Cheesy biscuit - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Cheesy cream - Bath House Orange flower
Cheesy skin - Simple moisturiser
Cheesy smell - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Dance for longer. Eat cheese sandwiches'

Originally I planned to write mountains of my usual waffle, but a call at 0815 asking if I could do an urgent job at 0900 put an end to my hopes and inspirations of cheese.

So a Cheesy shave it was. All the way from end to end. A top wedge of the yellow stuff if ever. The Enoch Still remains the fastest razor in my cupboard. Which is a good thing as the Bath House does take time to get it lather but worth the effort. Bath House, vastly underrated and overlooked.

And a top band who are totally non cheese related, unless you have a warped imagination. Over to the Beaver...No video today as there isn't one with what to me is their top track

As someone said, 'It's not the size what attracts the flies but the cheese around rim'

I love you all
Didn’t know Kraft was part of Program MK Ultra, the penny finally drops!

Back
Top Bottom