SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

FRIDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: Above The Tie Windsor Pro SB90
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Bay Rum Shaving Soap

1A4VIXe.jpg

'lla uoy evol' niaga ti yas lliw I (evah I hcihw) erofeb ti dias t'nevah I fi dna enoyreve efas yats

'daor tsol' yojne od revewoh. Od ylbaborp I dnA. efil reh ot ni yresim gnirb tsuj I skniht efiw yM. 'tnemom siht gniyojno era yllaer yeht' kniht em ekam syawla hcihw oediv a dna slrig esenapaJ fo puorg a ot kcab og I yppah nmad oS.

nataS gnilims yppah a dna evahs gnilims yppah lufrednow a rehtegotlA.

tca gnilrets a ni denrut dna srednow sti dekrow weM ehT. eno si sihT. srehto naht gnirehtal ecaf emoh ta erom yletinifed era spaos emoS. esae tsomtu htiw srehtal ecaf dnif I paos eno dna nac nit a ni ecnaillirb rof spaos erutangis ot pu sbmuht gib A.

! rozar ssob a tahw. Rotcaf raef on dna esolc ,elbatrofmoC. ecnamrofrep brepus yletulosba na ni denrut esoognoM eht draobno elbaruovaf naht ssel ym htiw neve llitS. em selkcit ti yas t'nac sa hguoht kcihcS eht fo kcab eht ees ot dalg eb lliw I. sselniats fo pmul siht fo yaw eht tnew I dalg I ma dna ,emit emos rof ecnaraeppa na edam t'nsah hcihw esoognoM eht htiw gnineve nA.

muinidnoL spaos erutangiS - tnorf ot kcab
nworb weM iqaY - sdrawraeR
enilorP kcihcS - sdrawrof gniog toN
esoognoM sselniats - raeg esreveR

View attachment 68557

'sdrawkcab' emeht eht htiw evahs ym ot emocleW

Ps. Never again. Just look at the photo and play the video if you can't be bothered working this one out. I know I would
Great C, It was this, or Red Dwarf.
Chose this:

Friday

The Fat
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 ‘Bathroom Set’
Gem SS PTFE #buggered-if-I-know-but-it’s-still-got-life-in-it
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

Effortless and comfortable today. I think it was Mike @mpf9ret who pointed out that these ERs were made with the current Gem blades in mind; so no blade chatter etc.

I got the Bart’s lotion thinking it was a splash; but, as some of you know, it’s essentially argan and coconut oils; with extract (in this instance, lime). Very good it is, too. Skin feels nourished.

0449B12F-558E-43DB-A23D-DCB310C39A1E.jpeg

23/04/21
Final shave with the Pass-around Carbon CX Std Plate
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: OSP No. 08
Razor: Carbon CX-316 Std Plate
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP No. 08

Wk 16 (7).JPG

Another really enjoyable shave today with the pass-around Carbon CX-316L.
Today for its final outing i went back to where i started with the Personna Med Prep and the Std plate, i achieved a better result than the 1st run out at the start of the week from the 3 passes, although again i think this plate needs more attention to detail, i found i was "buffing" during the shave on the heavier areas.
A very slick, nicely scented face lather to start things off then 3 full passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
The post shave rounding off a very enjoyable week.
Would i have one in the stable? Most definitely, however, not just yet, maybe if one came up on BST.
The razor is a fine piece of kit and i believe of the 3 plates i tried all were very usable, whichever is chosen for your beard type i think after getting to know it the shave will be as good as any you could get.
So then, My favourite
In 3rd - The ++ plate, a very usable plate but i found i got no benefit from the wider blade Gap.
In 2nd - The Std Plate, the most blade feel from all 3 although not overly noticeable, i think the smallest blade gap of the 3 just requires a bit more work and attention to detail
And the winner is :-
Well you have already guessed - The + plate, for me the easiest to get results quickly, pleasant to use during the shave giving me plenty of feedback. With a bit of practice and following beard mapping i think i could get my passes down to 1 with some buffing.
What a great week of shaves.
P4230003.JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

PS-Proraso
Soap-The other wool fat
Brush-Proraso
Blade-Feather ProGuard
Razor-Razorock V3*
AS-Lavender Oil (Diluted)

*Never seem to get a good result with this razor despite the superb blade. Had to tidy up with the venerable Eclipse with a Gillette Black.

Is it the Standard V3 plate?
The A plate livens it up a bit, which I find better when using guarded blades especially

Back
Top Bottom