SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

SOTD : 17th April 2021.

81.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D1)
Razor : Ming shi 2000s (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons Sensitive PSB./ Proctor & Gamble ~ Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray.

Greetings,

(Another Chinese Clone razor week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...After the enjoyable shaves i had with the chinese clone razors last week 'I ve Carried on for another week, starting with the wonderfully efficient Ming Shi 2000s,(Merkur futur clone) pairing it up with the Indian GWS, made a very comfortably razor & blade duo slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few squirts of P&G ~ Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine...;) I'm now ready for what the weekend has to offer.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
17th April 2021

Shave of the day.

Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Gillette Bleue #4
Soap - Fresh Rosemary - Le Pere Lucien
Brush - Simpsons T3
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Guerlain Vetiver Edt

My finest shave yet with the R41GS paired with a NOS Gillette Bleue on its fourth shave, close but really smooth and was left with a BBS finish and zero irritation.
The soap had a big part in this I'm sure, a super slick and rich thick lather that allowed the razor to glide over my skin.
I think there is still a couple of shaves left in this lovely blade which works great with whatever razor I try them in.

Have a safe weekend people. :)

Paul.IMG_20210416_104623_2~3.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 17th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 3rd (felt better compare to 1st use)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very delicious scent from this soap. The lather is deliciously creamy, thick & very slick...enjoyed it tremendously!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good...again! Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like finish. Excellent aftershaves to top off a great session!
20210417_113949.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt210417p2krl.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Sandalwood
- Brad Sears "Gonzo" Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger DE87 with Feather blade
- Myrsol Agua Balsamica

:D

175056387_480045679718154_6764223921095344367_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)

Simple Saturday set-up. The Lord's been out or rotation for a while, so I gave it a run to see if it was my lack of skill that tainted it in my early shaving days on here. It would appear it wasn't - at least not entirely;) It felt much less solid than the Parker or the Ever Ready 1912, which I suppose is to be expected. It's a long-handled lightweight six quid aluminium razor. The finish was decent enough - couple of little weepers that soon dissipated. I'll keep it for now to try with other blade/lather combos. Three and out for the Tiger blade.
Right, off to take the boys for their first swimming lesson since the pools reopened. Have a great weekend guys :giggle:

SOTD 17-Apr
20210416_161217.jpg
Prep
Warm shower

Brush
PAA Peregrino

Razor
Dovo Best 6/8

Soap
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

First shave off the freshly honed Best courtesy of @Fergiebilly, the audible feedback of this on the pass was fantastic, absolutely effortless 2 pass shave (though the second pass wasn't really necessary I just wanted to). Cheers Billy!

Have a cracking day all

Cheers

Marc

17th April 2021

Shave of the day.

Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Gillette Bleue #4
Soap - Fresh Rosemary - Le Pere Lucien
Brush - Simpsons T3
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Guerlain Vetiver Edt

My finest shave yet with the R41GS paired with a NOS Gillette Bleue on its fourth shave, close but really smooth and was left with a BBS finish and zero irritation.
The soap had a big part in this I'm sure, a super slick and rich thick lather that allowed the razor to glide over my skin.
I think there is still a couple of shaves left in this lovely blade which works great with whatever razor I try them in.

Have a safe weekend people. :)

Paul.View attachment 68301
How are you getting on with the GS? I love my standard R41 and was considering this one. Is it worth the upgrade?

How are you getting on with the GS? I love my standard R41 and was considering this one. Is it worth the upgrade?
Is it worthy.....well it will not do anything that your R41 will do but for me the 2013 R41 was such a big deal, it was my second razor after the R89 and I loved it!
So for me it's an iconic razor so when I saw the GS I knew I had to have one.
It's got some weight to it but just around the limits of what I like and it's made of SS so it was a no brainer for me!
I was never over keen on pot metal razors so being SS it's worthy as far as I'm concerned but YMMV! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Saturday 17th April

Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Tux - GFCC Carribean Lime Cream - Mühle(unknown)/Piccolo Handle/Super Shave X - Pinaud Lime Sec

I have been dabbling with Fatip razors over the past few days. This razor was bought many years ago and was promoted as a luxury Mühle on a Bog Oak handle with silver plated trims. The original handle is included in the photo. I believe it was made for Mühle by Fatip. It looks like one ,shaves like one, takes the non standard Fatip handles and has the original alignment issues. Any pointers as to the model number would be appreciated!

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Back
Top Bottom