SOTD : Saturday 17 th to Friday 23 th August

SOTD 21 Aug 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, and cold water splash.
Soap: Proraso (Green).
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Bowl: Giles Pottery Co - Spotty Pedestal,
Razor: Pils 101NL.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2).
Post: Myrsol 'Baslamic' water, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Molinard Cuir.

I have not posted for a little while, in part because at very short notice, I lost one of my best friends.

My mate was a second Dad, if that makes sense; shaving was a mystery to him - bearded for most of his days. If I may intrude - if you think that something is up - something not quite right - for f@cks sake - get it checked out - there is f@ck all bonus points for toughing it out.

I may not have long for this world if SWMBO twigs that there are now 2 Pils razors in the den :) I could not resist adding the polished 101NL to the collection.

View attachment 46679

I have had some excellent shaves over the past few weeks; the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows are my favourite blade at the moment. I think I am enjoying these more than the Gillette Silver Blues.

The past weekend, SWMBO and I went off to the Edinburgh Fringe; had a good travel set-up with the Ikon Shave Craft 101, paired with a GSB and L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream, followed off with Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent.

All the best everyone, take care,

Chris
I really appreciate the distinct, unique and industrial look of the Pils razor. Great shave Chris

SOTD : 22nd August 2019.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Vie Long Horsehair Brush.

Face Lather.

Soap: Vie Long Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(4)

Razor: Pearl ~ SBF-11.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Maiden shave with the Vie Long Shave stick, which is a rebranded tallow version of the old LEA shave stick.

I was recommended by @Digimonkey to give the V.L. stick a try in comparison with the new LEA stick formula.The verdict?..After wetting my face and rubbing the stick directly into my stubble,like the new non-tallow version it easily generates a slick,dense protective lather in a short space of time,leaving a wonderful post shave to my face. My skin type loves lanolin ,glycerin & Tallow this humble stick contains all three.The addition of the tallow & coconut oil makes a noticable difference in the lather density & slickness from the non-tallow version IMHO...However,the scent of both sticks is the same,which to my nose a is ' a clean fresh soapy fragrance'.

I've mentioned before, i've taught myself never to judge/doubt a shaving soap or cream because of it's cheap price tag, the vast majority of my shave set ups contain inexpensive soaps & creams which have all performed with satisfactory results. The Vie Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel.As always YMMV.

I intend to give both formulas of these great quality and inexpensive humble shave sticks more attention in future shaves...Thanks again Iain for the recommendation. (y)

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

22 August

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
Razorock Bruce synthetic
Fatip Piccolo
Personna Super med prep
Bart's Balm lime oil

54FF7635-3F40-41CD-9DA4-0465F27AD993.jpeg
Very pleasant, close, two pass shave this morning. A fantastic lather was created in no time by the Razorock brush, which is a favourite synthetic. Whilst I love the tradition of badger and boar brushes the modern synthetics are just so good.

SOTD 20190822.

ACp0Fyh.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Omega Via Barberia "Aquae" shaving cream (sample).
RazoRock Game Changer GC84-P / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (7).
Novaya Zarya "Flower of Brocard" EdC.

Date:- 22 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

I'm very impressed with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 which is very very close to the Karve Christopher Bradley 'C' base plate (0.85mm) less than 0.01mm aggression rate against the Game Changer 0.84mm, I cannot fault both razors in my den, because, they're both shave very very much the same side by side as a daily driver. Both Karve in Brass and Stainless Steel and also the RazoRock Game Changer .84 are all very smooth close shaver in my den and a real keeper.

SOTD 21 Aug 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, and cold water splash.
Soap: Proraso (Green).
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Bowl: Giles Pottery Co - Spotty Pedestal,
Razor: Pils 101NL.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2).
Post: Myrsol 'Baslamic' water, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Molinard Cuir.

I have not posted for a little while, in part because at very short notice, I lost one of my best friends.

My mate was a second Dad, if that makes sense; shaving was a mystery to him - bearded for most of his days. If I may intrude - if you think that something is up - something not quite right - for f@cks sake - get it checked out - there is f@ck all bonus points for toughing it out.

I may not have long for this world if SWMBO twigs that there are now 2 Pils razors in the den :) I could not resist adding the polished 101NL to the collection.

View attachment 46679

I have had some excellent shaves over the past few weeks; the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows are my favourite blade at the moment. I think I am enjoying these more than the Gillette Silver Blues.

The past weekend, SWMBO and I went off to the Edinburgh Fringe; had a good travel set-up with the Ikon Shave Craft 101, paired with a GSB and L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream, followed off with Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent.

All the best everyone, take care,

Chris
Sorry to hear about you friend, it must have been a shock for you.
I too am getting the 101NL to go with my 101NE, well you have to don't you! :) P.

Back
Top Bottom