SOTD : Saturday 17 th to Friday 23 th August

22/08/18
Pre shave prep: Nuage Menthol pre shave oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Schick L1 1965-80
Blade: Personna Injector (8)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Eucalyptus& Tea Tree Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
A/S: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol / Floïd SE MV

L1, YR, OSP M&E (1).jpg

A better shave today , I think due to improved technique after 4 days continuous use of the Schick shave1.gif. The blade is showing no signs of giving up the ghost soon.
The OSP and Yaqi Rainbow whisking up a lovely slick, shiny lather, just enough for the 3 passes. I used the Nuage PS Oil as I do like it, although the mess it leaves in the sink is shocking (I was thinking I needed to get the WD-40 out).kar.gif
3 gentle passes WTG, XTG & ATG, I had to keep telling myself not to try for BBS in 1 pass, I always seem to go into Cart mode when using this razor, Not today though.
Nothing from the block, bring on the cool off, starting with a cold water splash, a dash of homemade witch Hazel not exactly freeze but nicewitch.gif.
The Proraso Green and OSP M & E splash carrying on the cool down, I could not help myself and had a face pat with a splash of Floïd MV SE just to enhance that cooling feeling. All very nice
BBS, Soft & Supple and sitting in the glow of a nice cool off.
Have a great afternoon All.

Last edited:
Thur 22nd August.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
Schick J3- Golden 500
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Floid Vigorisimo A/S Lotion

Today I used a J3 again, but this one loaded with a AC. Schick Proline blade , rather than the current Japanese Injector Blade. In all honesty there was not any perceivable different between the smoothness of the Shave or quality of finish. Be interesting to see how the two compare in terms of longevity, there is no match in price !

IMG_0629.jpg

Thursday AM 2019-08-22

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + I Coloniali shaving cream
Paradigm II Ti/UFO Colibri
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (24)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

An excellent green-toned shave. Although all my razors do the job well, the Paradigm clearly is the smoothest.
5NNj8v0.jpg

Thursday 22nd August 2019 PM

Pre-shave - Warm rinse / Nuage for Men Shaving Oil
Brush - Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap / Cream - TOBS Peppermint
Razor / Blade - Executive Shaving Company Claymore V1 / Feather Professional
Post-shave - Thayers Cucumber/ Epsilon Blue aftershave / Bart's Balm Peppermint balm

BBS finish and smelling minty! Fantastic.

21390A48-85A0-4579-A81C-812B41F87B7A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom