Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - OSP Trial Cream #1
Razor - Razorock Hawk Stainless "A"
Blade - Feather PB (9)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CopyCat Oud Wood

Wk 42 (7).JPG
Firstly, the Dice are wrong, however i could not be bothered to do another photo, they should be on 9.
A very easy 2 pass shave today, i really like this Hawk V3, for me it just works, no matter what AC blade i put in it.
There is hopefully 3 shaves left in the OSP trial cream, if it comes out and the den soaps reduce a (fair) bit it will be added to the stock.
Enjoy the weekend everyone and remember :-
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Soap, MWF.
brush, omega boar 10066
Razor, a nice looking cased, as I understand is a schick L type injector.
Blade, schick ultra platinum.
Aftershave, Brut.

Been lazy this week this is my first shave since sunday, I had to shave as the itching had become unbearable.
Face lathered and made the soap just a wee bit wetter than I usually do because I'm taking 5 days growth off my chin.
The razor just ploughed through the stubble with ease, no clogging or skipping, a one pass and a touch up for a few stragglers and was done.
A quick splash of Brut just gave a little tingle with no burn.
I have to say the more I use this razor the more I am impressed with it, top notch shave.
I recon it could shave the two guys from ZZ Top in one pass, would need a lot of soap though. :)
So as before great razor great shave.

@ ATG

SOTD 22-Oct
DSC02485.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: Extro O'Selvaggio
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather ProGuard (2)

Nice shave this morning, fancied using the shavette and the guard blade (as it was already underway from the raster). Excellent lather from the extro even if the scent doesn't do much for me - found it in my box of mystery so thought why not. Good finish, not the smoothest in the world but I did limit it to 2 passes and rushed the last one.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

smmIMG_20211022_112012.jpg
Can you have a two and a half pass shave? Yes you can. For me it’s the sign of having an excellent shave, when the stars align and everywhere but my neck is tidy after just two passes, without the need for an against the grain pass.

My Fatboy did it again, removing three days growth with an effortless first pass at 6 and then down to 5 for the second and a half passes. The Feather blade on its third and probable last use was smooth and a delight to use.

The MdC Agrumes is also still astonishing. A couple of swipes across the top of that small jar and I have enough lather for as many passes as I need. The lather quality, creaminess and delicious citrus scent is superb. If you have not tried it, please do, it is worth the money.

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 - E2
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Brush: Yaki Cavern
Pre-shave: None
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm

Fri 22nd October

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Monsavon au Lait
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 8 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Though a pleasant enough Shave, the finish in some areas left a bit to be desired but passable. Tells me that this Kai blade is good for a max of 8 outings in The Enoch.

3CD310B8-EBA0-4A27-8454-27C519CD6A51.jpeg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Polsilver ( Polish ) ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Badger
Soap = Declaration Grooming Albizia with matching splash
Balm = Castle Forbes Lime
C00904C4-6BF8-48F5-B5C6-50670F025C76.jpegDeclaration Grooming Friday

What a difference a day makes
Cracking 2 pass shave today.
i really am missing my 3 pass shave but no way could i shave everyday with a 3 pass,
my skin couldn’t take it.
These soaps are starting to boar me as my wife’s bought to many,
shouldn’t complain really.
The scents on these soaps are pretty tricky to work out especially to an untrained nose like mine.
Don’t get me wrong i like it and the soap smells exactly how the website said it should.
Quite Mossy, earthy, green fields, certainly another autumn type scent.
Certainly a better scent than yesterday by a country mile.
The Brush was a first for me
and the first badger iv had from Yaqi
They really are great value.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

SOTD 12.jpg

Soap – Blackship Grooming Dicey Pete
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24 mm
Razor – Occam’s (#1)
Blade – Proguard (4)
A/S – Faberge Aquatonic
A/S Balm – Lea 3 in1

Another shave with Occams (#1 guard ). Super comfortable again ,3 passes and pickups.
One weeper due to ++pickups but cold water sorted it out.
I reckon I’ll gravitate to this razor ( #1 ) more and more on days when I need a quick shave, have less growth or if time comes I need to shave daily. It’s so smooth & easy with no adverse effect on my skin regardless how many times I go over it. Boringly satisfying.

BG Dicey Pete soap purchased from @Crossan BST was superb. My first Blackship soap and it's excellent. Quickly whipped up a dense creamy lather. Cushion, glide & slickness are 1st class.
It's a fresh, clean, classy cologne type of scent which I really like. Very similar scent to TOBS Platinum but the Blackship performs better for me.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy your shaves.

Back
Top Bottom