SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

Wednesday 20th March

AP1GczM7WTc4co4MmUyIKglTEQ3-Z12uo1qhFPzzal7Xf_B-FTKMWk04UiK09DjKee0OOOCywVkV_DfTIyjhfgDnjwuBIl1sLejMo4aTcZuIqfpSFM5HGqTwRDRPR-PrCXpu7ySyDF2Tn7HdAceo6RifAUPd3g=w800

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Bowl & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Merkur 37C (2015) & Wilkinson Sword (German) (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Wednesday

Yaqi Excalibur + Feather Pro Super (1)
Yaqi Mysterious Space
Signature Soaps Eboracum
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Lea Sensitive Balm

IMG_9847.jpeg

The feather pro super blade really kicks up the efficiency of this razor.I corked the blade so it was a really smooth first shave compared to the pro I tried last week.

The return of that old devil himself. And my accompanying theme for this shaving report is,' Absence makes the heart grow fonder you all happier'

A Tuesday's shave

20240319_172004.jpg

An absent razor - 3ONE6
Absinth and missing ears - Super Iridium
A curse absent brush - Highlander TSR LE
Absenteeism and Soaps- Floris Elite
A bent abs moisturiser - Collegen
Sebant and misspelling - Floris Elite

'Mummy, mummy! I've drawn a picture of daddy! What do you think?'

'I think he's a twat'

A very elite shave in both delivery and scent. Very Floris in fact. If I was stranded on a desert island (which many wish I was) the 3ONE6 would be damn good choice of razor to share my time with.

Between that and a copy of 'June 1986's Razzle readers wives special'. I mention that particular issue as it was 'The Shaven edition' with a wonderful article on Gillette razors, 'The best a man could dream of'.

A cracking shave and superbly finished with a big grin. It's that Razzle again.

And God knows who these are, but I'll have some of it if only to be obscure.........

A Wednesday's shave

20240320_124239.jpg

Obscurity and absence - Lambda Athena
A not absent blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Obscrub brush - AP Shaving Cashmere
Absoaplutely - Proraso
Shaven bits moisturiser - Simple
The scent of a shave - ADP Colonia Club

'N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, TW, TWA....'

A day out for the rarely used and faff of a razor, the Lambda Athena. Is it worth the faff? All the way. The best a man can get, and the readers wives of the June 1986 copy of Razzle as well. Except it never existed then so any old Bic disposable would have done. Probably one stolen from the reader wives husbands. The ones with the Zenith E and a dark room.

A stockingly brilliant shave and other than the wonderful performance of the Proraso I do love the neutral scent it carries. If there is any scent it is hardly prominent. What it allows me to do though is throw any scent on afterwards without a clash of aromas vying for the same space. Unlike Mrs Satanfriendly and myself where vying would be a kind expression.

And more obscure Japanese ladies to end on......

SOTD: 21st March 2024.

20.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe softening shaving cream.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./ Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week.

I have mentioned on many occasions that The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel. This cream gives the best protective slickness, and post shave feel that I have had from any shaving cream that i have tried to date...It's such a shame that The Body Shop has went into administration with the loss of another great shaving product, and more importantly the loss of 480+ jobs in the UK...Enough said.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 21-Mar
20240319_142235-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Nacet

Lovely shave this morning, Lavender with a smokey hit at the end. Seemingly there's going to be a Dark Lavender release for SBS, which based on the notes also has a smokey element, I suspect I may have to try and get my grubby mitts on that one.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Thur 21st March

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
Tabac
Asylum Injector
Schick S/S - Japan [ 4 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Being at the bottom of a stack I rarely use The Tabac, so it is a treat when I use it. over the last few shaves have been getting the brushes a bit too wet so lathers a bit watery. However, no mistakes today so got a nice rich creamy lather to work with.The Shave went very well and seemed to be over rather quickly but the the finish was more than satisfactory.

IMG_0976.jpeg

Thursday 21 March
When I last used a Proshave S maybe a year ago I wasn’t impressed. The blade seemed to tug somewha, so not as smooth as say the Kai Titan. However, I have used one for three consecutive shaves now and have to say it wasn’t that bad. Still not as good as a Titan but loaded in the Enoch good enough for bbs in 2 passes and pick ups. I like to think my wet shaving technique has improved which may have had a bearing on the result.
Another hand made brush from my woodworking friend this time in Yew. I think he said he reworked a previous attempt at making a candle holder :unsure:
The M de C Fougère is another of my favourites what a lovely creamy scented lather.

Have a good day fellas!

IMG_8855.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom