SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

So chuffed with the latest MWF formula, worthy of the praise it's had and the ceramic bowl it comes in. (I know that sounds weird but imagine buying it in a ceramic bowl as sinkside decoration and then hating the product). Maybe I should buy a refill now in case they reformulate *again*?!

The rest of these items I've waxed lyrical over already in recent times so I'll just leave this here.
20240322_112955.jpg

22/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Ladas
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 12 (7).jpg
The Second shave with the LADAS blade in the Stainless Karve went really well, the blade has been moved to a vintage razor to finish it off next week. These blades are not the sharpest, although, i find they do a really good job leaving my skin comfortable and BBS.
Enjoy your day all.

IMG_0090.jpeg

R89 on RR HD
Dorco Titan 3
Highlander 2023 TSR LE
MWF (Tallow)
Boot’s Freshwood AS

IMG_0089.jpeg

Friday 22 March

I thought after reading today about Nike/FA changing the logo on the England Football shirt that I should go with the Asylum, the Rex-V2, again using Proshave S ac blade. This blade seems to get better with use. Slap on De Vergulde hand soap, and 2 passes plus a light pick up later and I’m good to go. Very enjoyable and satisfying thanks for enquiring fellas, have a great day or what’s left of it.

IMG_0532.jpeg

Holiday shaves for the last 14 days. I would fancy taking my Timor for hols… but might require too much concentration after lunchtime San Miguels and siesta… so I stick with the cartridge razor. The Muhle travel brush and Arko stick is a match I would use any time… faultless. The Occitaine balm is a holiday luxury, finished off with Gucci something-or-other.

But… after shave 3 I experienced severe irration on each side of my face, just in front of my ears. Never had anything like that before. An hour later and I realised they were mosquito bites… so spent the next three days shaveless and rocking the sweet smell of Germoline.

I cornered the pesky little critter in the bathroom. No more mozzies and order was restored for the following week.

IMG_0111.jpeg

2024-03-22-14-45-19-543~2.jpg
I had some really awful shaves with these racer blades recently and I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong since they worked well initially and I was using the same razors, brush, cream etc. surely my technique couldn't be that different

I put one on its second use in an R41 and still couldn't get anywhere close. the back of my head felt like I hadn't shaved at all. I eventually gave up and switched in a used nacet to clean that part up and it was night and day. opened a new pack of racers and it was back to great

I was taking blades out of the cardboard tuck and moving them to the little plastic ones and I think that putting them in our sliding them out may have dulled the edges. or it may just have been a pack with a couple of bad blades. I'm of course going to stop doing that either way, just case it's causing it but learning to trust my first feelings. if the blade feels wrong, switch to another, regardless of how many shaves are on it. then see if that was it. I'm also fully convinced when testing anything you need to keep all other variables the same and change one thing at a time but sometimes a pack of racers isn't a pack of racers, whether that's due to QC or me damaging the edge. there's too many variables to judge a blade by a single shave. I would have said these just aren't at all for me if I hadn't had good shaves initially so try a pack or two first.

anyway, got a great third shave on this one today, straight from the cardboard tuck to the razor and all's well again.

I was going to give these a try and decide whether to get more that were on clearance offer but looks like they're sold out now. no matter because silver stars are £11 for 200 anyway. I'll move onto testing a full pack of those vs nacets. not that I need more blades as it is but I'd like to decide on a few blades that work best for me to keep consistent and finish the rest.

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I give you the shave themed, 'Mundane'

20240322_140803.jpg

Hmphh a bloody razor - Stainless Mongoose
Oh my, a blade - Kai Titan mild
Oh not another brush? - Highlander LFC
Oh hum better use a soap - Captain Fawcett's
Mudslinging balm - L'Occitane Cade
Some scent or other - C&S C88

'I say old chap, is anything going to happen here?'

'I wouldn't know I'm just the silent accordian player'

A bit of a 'getting towards the end of the day' moment, but guess I'd better say something. 'Fucking superlative'

What would a Friday be without some puffyshoes? It wouldn't....

And I most certainly do. In fact, I love you all

'Just how damn insipid is that?'

Back
Top Bottom