SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

IMG_4017.jpeg

SOTD 20.09.23

Late evening shave of 4 days beard

Pre-shave: Barbermind father gel
Brush: Boti 3NC synthetic
Soap: Musgo Real Classic hard soap
Razor: Mjolnir by Sbarba.it
Blade: Shark platinum
AS: Waves by BM
Balm: TOBS luxury herbal AS cream

Amazing soap, first time using it with this synthetic brush and created perfect lather, great protection and wonderful classic scent, one of my favourite hard soap ❤️. The shark family blades all work well on my face, this was no expection. pretty much no red points and comfortable shave overall, maybe a tiny bit of irritation in my Achilles tendon area, the underjaw on my left side…5th use of the razor, I will keep using it for now but starting to rotate it with my others so I can compare it better and understand if it will stay or not, for some reason it’s still not unconditional love with him

SOTD: 21st September 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Vie-Long 21mm Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic.(D4)
Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso ASL./ Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Last summer shave and the beginning of the 2023 autumn equinox.

A comfortable smooth shave to finish the summer off in style.

Throughout the week the Wilkinson Sword Classic blade has performed superbly throughout the week feeling smooth & efficient...I will carry on using them next week.

The Vie-Long shave stick/horsehair brush duo performed wonderfully providing a slick protective lather for the full shave without re-apply it to my face.

The performance & post shave feel from this shave stick is absolutely superb. A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 21-Sep
20230920_160526-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: GN Juniper Reverie
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (+)
Blade: GEM PTFE (8)

Seeing as I had a little more time on my hands I gave the + plate a try, decent enough and smooths out even more. I could get by well enough with it but the ++ gives me the increased efficiency without sacrificing comfort. Now it's just the finish I have to land on, definitely not polished so it's either machined or satin.

I really wanted to hate this thing, between this, the WR3 and possibly reggies that have, or will, cause my wallet to get lighter, I don't think I'm going to partake in passarounds anymore...who am I kidding!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 21/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your shaves, you all!

Thu 21
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
A wonderfully aromatic, rich, creamy, and slick lather whip-up by the excellent brush. Love the splash...wish the scent could last. A very enjoyable shave with this razor, the edge was buttery smooth and crisply keen...
20230921_144907.jpg

Thursday 21st September
Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #7 - Monsavon au lait - Yaqi Moka Express - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230920-104650-01.jpg

20230921_122020.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.(I forgot to put it in the photo)
Soap ZingariMan Mousse Illuminee Rogue.
Razors Schick injector G type.
Blade Gillette Platinum plus.
Aftershave Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Rogue.

Today was my first time using an injector razor and boy was I blown away.
I initially thought it felt like a toy in my hand and was much smaller than I expected it to be but I love the art deco look about it.
That being said it was an absolutely amazing shave, very efficient to the point it was nearly a single pass shave, I really did just do touch ups on my second pass.
I have to say I'm actually excited for my shave tomorrow.
Have an amazing day ahead everyone.

Thursday 21st September

Soap • A&E Turkish Coffee
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 84-OC
Blade • Lord Platinum
Post • A&E Turkish Coffee Splash

This OC comes in to it's own with three or more day's growth to deal with.
These Lord blades were passed to be by @LeeMaz i believe? They seem to suit every razor I've tried them in so far.

Soap & Splash were a very kind gift from @Digimonkey

Thursday 21 September
Ikon B1 Slant
Croma Diamant 3rd use
Alpha 400 synthetic
De Vergulde Hand soap

I have a Shield titanium handle as a spare and fitted it to the Ikon, it’s lighter and more manageable than the original handle and I would recommend it. 2 passes plus pick ups for bbs finish this morning. Now to look forward to Autumn :oops:

Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0310.jpeg

21/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - Palmolive Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Screenshot_20230921-172822_Gallery.jpg
So easy today from this great little razor.
My 2 pass shave routine and done.
Enjoy your evening all.

B19BEB4D-F812-4AC4-8052-B9FEC1081483.JPG

Pearl OC
Gillette Flying Eagle Yellow/Pink blade
Omega 49 brush
A&E Peach & Cognac shave soap
Osage Rub AS
9.9/10

The Pear OC razor and the Flying Eagle paired well to provide me with a close and comfortable BBS-. Peach and Cognac smells better every time I use it, and the old Kaizen base still outperforms many other soaps.

I finished with Osage Rub mixed with witch hazel. It's getting cooler here finally, but it's not cold yet so it was bearable and refreshing.

OT: had a lovely call this morning with three co-workers who work in our Wigan location. I enjoy our calls because I'm often trying to finish the call up before lunch my time, and they are ready to leave the office and head home for their evening, but they are always so pleasant to chat with.

Back
Top Bottom