SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

SOTD 20-Sep
View attachment 111417
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: A&E Lavender Noir
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)

Good shave combined with wonderful scent, I may consider throwing in the EDP on the next order, though I'm wondering whether it might be a bit much. The AS lays for a couple of hours as is.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Marc
Skull crusher handle for combat while shaving! :unsure:

Wednesday 20 September

Another very comfortable shave with the Tatara Masamune, this time the oc version. I started with a 2nd use Astra but it was definitely not doing a good job. Switched to a Croma, 3rd use and smoothness was immediately regained. 2 passes and pick ups gave bbs with no problem.
I picked up a really cheap carved bone (I’m guessing animal, :unsure: ) vintage brush and then fitted a new bristle knot. Checked on the web and similar brushes were made by Simpson early last century although the only engraving on mine is PF2 pure badger. It’s a bit on the dinky side (16mm) but I like small and love the unusual, as the actress said to the vicar. I digress, it performed perfectly and the Løthur soap is a favourite. These soaps seem all pretty similar to me in terms of how they lather up. Quite creamy and not a huge amount of lather. However, I love the scent of this one, Floraphobia. I checked out the ingredients, well not all of them and found it contains the usual “ates and “iums“ but also Coumarin which has a lot of good properties unless you eat it in large quantities (say 30+ Tonka beans) and then you get liver cancer. It’s been banned in the US since 1954. Advice is, please don’t eat the soap.
On the plus side the scent is very evocative, from the Citronellol, derived from Rose, Geranium and Lemongrass, hence the name?

Have a fine evening fellas!

IMG_0308.jpeg

Last edited:
20/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best - #1
Soap - Palmolive "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
20230920_165830.jpg
The Genesis working really well as per usual.
20230920_165552.jpg
Today's Spanish supermarket find, about €7 for both.
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.

Wednesday 20th September

AIL4fc9s2319hdmnE4i1hkudLDE3b0N-Al_s8_iiVyz23TOwTgqLdhA26Nyo6dcJnL38oyXtGIvjFP1j4Rx_n7Fvhma5ZvbNgU_8cZgQNUO8GH6M72-eFxcFxdid9z5nfUmW137xCS8muWdBGqNFtNMbBQtByw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Souplex Combless & Treet Durasharp (3)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Another Souplex razor ...

IMG_2902.jpeg
SOTD: 20/09/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 9th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck