SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

Sotd - Saturday the 15th of June -

View attachment 44773

Ever Ready Stropping Set - early 1950's.

Sotd -

Razor - Ever Ready 'Streamline' - ( yes - I know they can have other names - let's for the sake of simplicity - call it that.)
blade - Every Ready 'Corrux' (1)
soap - Salter 'Lavender' - tallow - hard soap
brush - A.P Shave Company 24mm 'Silksmoke' synth
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Bart's Lavender lotion
scent - Quorum edt.

Result - peerless.

I was going to tell you all about my new razor and brush - but - some shaves should be left to speak for themselves. BBS - two passes. We'll come back to it.

Enjoy yours all - I.

@Wayne Pritchard
Lovely to read you are BBS after 2 passes Iain. Enjoy! :)

SOTD 20190619.

L3h6hif.jpg

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" shaving cream.
Vintage Souplex / Stork Ti "Classic" handle.
Voskhod Teflon (7).
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" ASB.

Wed 19th June

Vulfix 404 mixed
Williams Ice Menthol Cream
Occams V2- No2 plate
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I have broken into my Vintage SE rotation to try the Occams which arrived yesterday. It has 3 plates of varying aggression, being fitted with a No2 plate which is medium. Loading of blades is a fiddle initially, I decided to load by hand and by pushing too hard managed to push the blade past the blade retaining lugs. With a fresh blade I was more careful and got the Razor Shave ready.
I was a bit dubious about the skeletal handle, but having watched the video on the Website, it proved not to be a problem.I was very surprised at the nice degree of blade the Razor had on a medium plate and it shaved very smoothly and efficiently.In fact for a maiden Shave it was astoundingly good, If I am honest as good if not better than some AC/SE Razors that I have used. I shall now use it for a few more days to get really familiar with its use. For those who fancy a S/S AC/SE Razor without the weight this could be an option. A shame that the initial cost is almost doubled by Postage/ Custom Charges.

IMG_0536.jpg

Last edited:
18/6/19

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - 3P
Razor - Wilkinsons Classic
Blade - Treet 7 Days (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Now the 7 Days has settled in it's a really enjoyable blade in the shave, I found it a little too sharp for the first couple of shaves and it worked well with the plastic Wilko DE.

I'm coming to the end of my 50g sample of 3P, and I've been thinking whether to restock it. It's a superb soap for the cushion and slickness, probably as good as any of the good few Italian croaps I have tried but my face seems to have a little burn whilst the lather sits on my face. Not a huge amount but a little nonetheless.

19/6/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: P&B Star Noir
Blade: 0.5 Astra SP (2)
Razor: Rocnel SE - "P"
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm and Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat SMV

20190619_111044.jpg
Another run out for the Rocnel, basically to use the blade up, I also had a delivery today so a quick wash and the Yaqi Sagrada Familia is ready to use.
A Great lather mixed up in the bowl after about 20 seconds of swirling in the bloomed soap. I am pretty much a Synth convert now, the others will get used although i reach for the Yaqi's and RR400 more and more.
The little Yaqi is quite stiff and although it is new, it is a pretty good face painter, i had a great chin covering in the wonderfully scented P&B, enough for more than 3 passes.
No Issues in an easy 2 Pass shave with a little buffing leaving me BBS again, i do have a tiny bit of redness on one check as i think i have had a spot under the skin (at my age?;))
The Astra SP has at least another shave in it.
A nice post shave routine with the witch hazel and Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood. Finishing with a splash of the copycat SMW, as mentioned by @Scotshave in an earlier post, it is a nice match for the soap but is not overpowering, i will see how long it lasts today.
Have a great day All

PS My Homemade Bay Rum is coming on.
20190619_111201.jpg
A bit cloudy after 1st filter

20190619_111347.jpg

Cleared up nicely after a Triple filter. Now just to add a bit more Rum infused with Bay rum oil and Glycerin. 1st skin test was OK and its smells pretty authentic, although i may have added too much orange rind. not to worry though.
The 2nd batch its filtering now.
T

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day, 19th June

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Feather AS-D2
Blade ~ Polsilver Stainless - Lodz, Poland
Soap ~ MdC - Original
Brush ~ H.L. Thater 4125 26mm Silvertip
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Guerlain - Jicky EdP

This shave brings me to the end my back to back shaves with the AS-D2, it shaves and it shaves well.
I regret selling my last one but my tecnique has improved now and I can really apreaciate just how good this mild but effective razor is and I am able to achieve a BBS finish with every shave.
My blade of choice is the Polisilver stainless , Lodz, Poland which is great because it is my favourite blade of all time and works well in all my DE razors.
The Feather AS-D2 All stainless razor, I highly recomend it.

Untill the next time....P.

So not really an OC but a hybrid and a great razor. I have heard discussions on how the Muhle R41 is a great razor but made even more so with the addition of an aftermarket handle etc. Now I love my stock R41 and as I have mentioned before, it was my second ever DE after the EJ DE89lbl which incidentally, I still have and use. I am glad I spent some time getting to know and use it because it really helped my technique. Today I decided to see what the hype was all about and decided to use my newly acquired iKon bulldog handle with it. Well now the hypes is true! The extra weight of the iKon Handle made it an absolute dream.

Soap of the day was Amici by Italian Barber and a great summer citrus scent it is. Lovely soap to say the least. Great performer. Chubby 1 had no issues whipping up a great lather. Proceeded through a wonderful two pass DFS bordering BBS shave! Topped it off with the matching Amici AS splash and English Laundry Tahitian Waters EDP. Take care and happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Mulhe R41
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: Italian Barber Amici
Aftershave: Italian Barber Amici
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Tahitian Waters
812C456F-D70C-4DA7-ACC6-408125685076.jpeg

xqeDwIP.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Super Iridium BN-76 (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: B&M Leviathan EdT

I was curious as to the performance of a "big" boar, so when I spotted an Omega Pro 48 on special at my local Italian Supermarket, it was a no-brainer.
I didn't quite get the loading right - a bit more practice required. Three very comfortable passes for a BBS result. The Leviathan scent was perfect for a cool Perth evening.

xqeDwIP.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Super Iridium BN-76 (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: B&M Leviathan EdT

I was curious as to the performance of a "big" boar, so when I spotted an Omega Pro 48 on special at my local Italian Supermarket, it was a no-brainer.
I didn't quite get the loading right - a bit more practice required. Three very comfortable passes for a BBS result. The Leviathan scent was perfect for a cool Perth evening.
I love the scent from B&M Leviathan, loving your big boar too! P.

Back
Top Bottom