Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk42 (7).JPG
This little Yaqi is a bit of a lather monster, especially when you forget its a synth when loading. Plenty of the good stuff for todays shave.
Again the blade started well, feeling really smooth on the WTG pass, however, during the ATG pass it started to feel as if it was going to jump off the cliff. I decided not to do the whirlpools and ditch the blade.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the vintage 4711, although i did get a lit bit indication under the jawline on the left hand side (the final couple of strokes). I have never had that from a Wizamet? Strange blade, i hope the rest of the tuck are not the same.
After yesterday pin cushion session i think i have been very lucky, a very slight headache and a slightly sore arm where the Covid jab went in, a couple of paracetamol sorted that.
This morning there is still a bit soreness, however, it did not stop me from getting a good session in at the gym.
Mrs TC is off today so i am taking her out for an early Tea this afternoon.
Remember its on the rise again, therefore, as usual:-
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday

I haven't posted for a couple of days, yesterday I was a demo subject for my daughter's teaching, so needed at least 2 day's growth. It is amazing how long a hair cut and shave can take when there's explaining to do to the students.
Thankfully, none of the young lads got a bash, so I was suitably clipped, chopped, clipped, skin-faded and then shaved and styled without much anxiety for me! I have told my daughter that she needs to speak to the bean-counters at the college and get some better shaving stuff. Just like Mrs D, they have no care for top quality soaps or creams to enhance the overall shave experience!!! :D

Onto today's shave. Break out the Black Beauty! What an absolute cracker of a shave, Brush, super, lather, super, 3 passes, BBS! Superb.

I think the BB is a little more aggressive than my slim, as I had to dial it down a little (5, 5, 4), nothing to do with weight, as the slim is 5g heavier, but I thought the gap on the adjustable razors was the same for most of the settings. Now I'll have to do some digging.

Smelling blue, not feeling it, very happy and sunny, BBS Gary today!

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_112107__01.jpg
    IMG_20221021_112107__01.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8
Friday October 21, 2022
Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Rubberset 400/Oumo Boar
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,445

Been working the FNL's soap as it was feeling light. The ring of death is started in the tub and so the dance begins. Also 15 days out from my 4 Year mark of zero missed daily shaves.....at least that's when I started taking note to count them and can document but actually already longer than that. Not a big deal I know, it's just shaving right. Have a great day Folks !!
IMG_20221021_065410049.jpgIMG_20221021_070006809.jpg

Last edited:
21/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Plisssoft 22mm
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - 7AM Sharp Platinum (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Cabana

3rd and final shave with the Bangladeshi made 7AM Sharp Platinum. The first shave was quite nice, a little like using Shark Stainless, but the performance diminished very quickly, with the 2nd shave being reasonable, and the 3rd one showing the blade was done on it's 2nd shave. A really great lather though, and I finished the shave with La Rive Cabana, I'm liking this splash. A little heavier than the ones I usually use, it's nice to have some variety from the mild fougere and marine splashes I use on a regular basis.

Have a good Friday gents.

IMG_20221021_124220.jpg

La Toja stick
Muhle STF V2
Gillette Mid-Tech
Lada SS
Mugler cologne

Used this set up for a couple of shaves whilst away in Ambleside, Cumbria. Razor is an ideal travel razor in its plastic case twinned with the stick soap and quick drying synthetic brush. Enjoyed my stay at the YHA hostel on the banks of Windermere watching the ferries and sailing craft go back and forth whilst enjoying a few pints of local cider. The scenery is superb.

Friday AM 2022-10-21
National Back to the Future Day
vfPYZqm.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Iridium Super (1)
Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Hull aftershave balm
RnRoSkl.jpg

DCF99210-2BE5-4951-BDAD-E2105BDC37D7.jpeg
SOTD: 21/10/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb shave with one of my favourite soaps. The little Tech was delightful and the scent lasts all day with this A&E. Just a wonderful start to the day!
Enjoy the evening guys.

The final entry for this week and this one arrives themed, 'The final entry for this week'

20221021_170550.jpg

Final razor - Rocnel Elite
Final blade - Polsilver Lodz
Final brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Final cream - Murdock's
Final moisturiser - Pure
Final scent - Eau Sauvage

'I really do detest that Satanfriendly chap'

A rare outing for the Rocnel Elite, but a happy one at that. There is something about it where the feedback continues way past there being anything left to shave. As a consequence I find myself making several unnecessary passes beyond normality and taking several minutes longer than any other razor. It is a peculiar beast. However the positive side of it all is that it does reward with some bloody wonderful shaves and this evening being one of them. An exceptional finish and the Pure moisturiser finalising a superb smooth feeling.

Eau Sauvage? It's okay, but definitely not a firm favourite with me.

Said it this morning, but I'll say it again. Wishing you all wonderful weekends and I do love you all.

From their album 'Finally the weekend' have some puffyshoes.

Back
Top Bottom