SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

Evening Shave

OyfdUf8.png

StandoPolska Single Edge Brass / Schick Proline
AP Shave Co. 24mm Flattop w/Elegant Emerald Handle
Barrister and Mann Diamond Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Razor = 1949 British Gillette Rocket
Blade = 1970’s Scottish Perma Sharp ( 3 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound Navy & Gold V14 Fanchurian
Cream = Executive Shaving Bay Rum with matching balm
Splash = Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
FE073172-3788-4B83-A544-0C47B19971DF.jpeg
Well you got it boys you know what i’m going to say
Yet another cracker :D
A wonderful 3 pass shave and 2 years & 3 month later i have now finished this cream although i do have another.
Bay Rum what can i say it’s not for everyone but i love it especially this one, Although this was a first for me with the aftershave and the dury’s out.
I don’t dislike it but i felt the scent was a bit smokey, quite different from the soap but nonetheless i’ll use it & im sure i’ll get in to it.
Every goes on about vintage razors and the British Rocket dosent feature much or people in general just recommend other razors but for me this is as good as any,
Pair it with a vintage blade & away you go.
A true underrated vintage.

Again the star of the show was the brush for me.
Another from Robb Moffat
is there better brushes out there ?
i’m unsure if there is saying that i haven’t tried a chubby.
i love this everyday shave it just chills me out & i feel it’s good for my head having some relaxing time.
Onwards & Upwards Boys
Stay Safe

To end today a great shave and presented with the theme 'Pringles'

20220517_153746.jpg

Sour cream and onion - Tatara Nodachi
Screaming dill pickle - Polsilver Lodz
Mexican street corn - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Original - Savonniere du Moulin
Salt and vinegar - Simple moisturiser

'And the winner for the best matching socks and jumper goes to.......'

If the Colonial V2 is the best of the new SE's, then for me the Nodachi is the best new DE. What a piece of shaving genius. Forget titanium you wonderful Portuguese razor people, how about polished and shiny?

The Savonniere is about as good as Soaps come even if it does contain donkey. My only gripe would be the shite bit of greased paper as a lid. All very nice on a jar of jam at a village fete, but a shaving soap?

However I am informed by the monkey of the blade a Pringles cap fits perfectly. However they are not my favourite crisps and being on a 'diabetes prevention diet' the last thing I would want is a tub of fucking Pringles.

But, if anyone has one to spare I would be very grateful. And when I say a 'Pringles cap' I don't refer to some headgear to match a distasteful Argyle jumper from a certain Scottish clothing company. My God, matching jumper and hat. Just a piece of plastic would be just fine. I can always wear it on my head if someone thinks it might be better placed.

And from my Japanese ladies of the moment it is over to TsuShiMaMiRe. Different

And love for you all? Always

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday!

Been a mad few days, new fostering placements to sort out.

I started off using the feather like shavette with a pro guard blade for a couple of passes. I finished off using my N4 slim with a Gillette Perma sharp.

Been using the slim and Perma sharp. Soaps n stuff TGS Shibusa2, Signature Valentia and today Stirling mountain man.

Had super shaves with the slim, usually setting 7,5 for the passes.

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_205430.jpg
    IMG_20220514_205430.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220516_112742.jpg
    IMG_20220516_112742.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220517_104143.jpg
    IMG_20220517_104143.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 9
Wed 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Folding SR
Blade Feather Professional 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire Splash
Nice enough soap with a cooling sensation and a creamy slick lather! The scent is almost gone...
Nice enough shave with the razor and blade pairing. Easy & smooth in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The aftershaves were good for an oven-hot day...
20220518_102944.jpg

280585623_740420490649884_9059785168195898672_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Personna Platinum (1)

Insanely good first pass from the Personna blade - It felt like the blade wasn't in contact with my face! Welcome return for the Lilac/4711 combo after a few weeks' absence, which has served to highlight how much more complex the 4711 scent is when compared to the Wars I've been using in my travel kit.

SOTD 18-May
20220516_150651.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper' V11
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)

Smooth shave this morning, had a bit of irritation under the chin from yesterday's (obviously was a bit cavalier) so kept it to WTG plus a few pick ups. Still remarkably good finish and more than sufficient for conference calls.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom