SOTD: Saturday 14th July - Friday 20th July 2018.

llEsBSv.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2-3)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Date: 20 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Dorco Red ST 301 #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

So much to do around the house package boxes getting ready to move in 3 weeks for my mother is going pretty quick, my mother is still mentally scared, stressed and very emotional about her home.

My father will be out of the Sydney Clinic mental hospital on Monday and will be moving into RSL LifeCare retirement villages, my mother will be living very close by in the same complex as my brother that way she'll feel safe.
Hope all goes well, Speedy.

Date: 20 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Dorco Red ST 301 #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

So much to do around the house package boxes getting ready to move in 3 weeks for my mother is going pretty quick, my mother is still mentally scared, stressed and very emotional about her home.

My father will be out of the Sydney Clinic mental hospital on Monday and will be moving into RSL LifeCare retirement villages, my mother will be living very close by in the same complex as my brother that way she'll feel safe.

Hope everything goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday

Cyril R. Salter Tallow
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 34C
Gillette Rubie #3
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave
Floris Elite EdT

Smooth, comfortable shave with the Merkur today; and it paired well with the Rubie on its 3rd outing. I like the weight of the 34C; and have fond memories of my initial foray into wet shaving.

There's probably not much more in the way of superlatives I can offer about Salter's tallow offering, that haven't been stated before...

Fri 20th July
Vulfix 404
Haslinger Honig
Schick I 1
Schick Proline ( 14 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

The I 1 is ideal for a beginner or those who like shorter handles, it is quite inexpensive and takes standard blades and AC Prolines, and also Twins. Today I have used one fitted with a Twin Blade, and the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable, but super close all round. I seem to be using the 404 a lot lately as it lathers up a variety of soaps so well, Shame that it does not get a lot of love these days as folk seem to be more into high end gear, but personally I find it be an integral part of many good shaves that I have.

IMG_0459.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 20th July

Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream
RazoRock 400
Gillette Fatboy 1960
Astra SP (1)
Witch Hazel Mixture
Mont Blanc Legend EdT

Fatboy on 7 for first pass, 5 for the second (ATG) and wound down to 3 for ATG in 'tache area.
Faultless shave tonight with another budget cream. I over did the amount of cream deposited in to the knot, but it was soon remedied by dipping the brush tips a couple of times.
The creams scent isn't mind blowing, but for a quid a tube it's not a problem. Protection was good and post shave was fair to good.
Finished with Mont Blanc Legend

Back
Top Bottom