SOTD: Saturday 14th July - Friday 20th July 2018.

2d066f228e217bf7ea5d92a2c97241ed.jpg

Gartbnx....

SOTD

Pre-shave: Tepid shower, face wash; Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap.
Cream: Musgo Real Orange Amber Shaving Cream.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl: Aesop.
Razor: Rex Ambassador.
Blade: Astra SS (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, followed by Body Shop aloe Vera, finished off with a healthy splash of Musgo Real No.1 Orange Amber Cologne.

A three pass shave, which was divine - settings: 5; 4 and 1 - WTG, XTG and ATG. A BBS finish with no issues.

The hardware and the software were excellent. Some 15 hours after shaving, as I type, my skin still feels relatively smooth; as if I just had a 2 pass CCS.

All the best,

Chris

Thursday 19th July 2018
SOTD.jpg
Pre shave: Warm shower and Noxzema shave cream
Razor: Gillette Super Slim T2 73
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus (#2)
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Aloe Vera cream
Bowl: Korium
Brush: Simpson's X3 Best
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Nivea 2 Phase

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Scent: Knize Forest

The planets aligned for a belter of a shave. The Wholly Kaw soap was great as usual, but the star of the show was the vintage Schick blade in the Futur. So sharp and buttery smooth; demolished a four day growth effortlessly. Three passes and a couple of touch-up buffs, and I am BBS as grinning :D. To match the soap scent, finished off with the startling fougère that is Knize Forest.

Date: 20 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Sir Irisch Moos Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Dorco Red ST 301 #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

So much to do around the house package boxes getting ready to move in 3 weeks for my mother is going pretty quick, my mother is still mentally scared, stressed and very emotional about her home.

My father will be out of the Sydney Clinic mental hospital on Monday and will be moving into RSL LifeCare retirement villages, my mother will be living very close by in the same complex as my brother that way she'll feel safe.

Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

So much to do around the house package boxes getting ready to move in 3 weeks for my mother is going pretty quick, my mother is still mentally scared, stressed and very emotional about her home.

My father will be out of the Sydney Clinic mental hospital on Monday and will be moving into RSL LifeCare retirement villages, my mother will be living very close by in the same complex as my brother that way she'll feel safe.
I hope all goes well @SpeedyPC.

(no photo, I wasn't intending to write this one up)

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit (sample)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (5)

Finished off the last of my Sanskrit :( but this frees up a receptacle for my next sample :)

The Platinum Lux lasted a full working week and is still giving a good close shave, but by god it was getting prickly towards the end. No cuts/nicks/weepers, just uncomfortable. I think I have to classify them as second tier on that basis, but they're definitely towards the top of that second tier.

Happy shaving!

I wish you courage during these difficult times.

Best wishes in these trying times Señor Gonzalez.

Back
Top Bottom