SOTD: Saturday 14th July - Friday 20th July 2018.

TE4sDsAp_o.jpg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Polsilver SI (1)
Cyril R Salter (Tallow)
Barts Balm Lavender Atershave & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

I think this Cyril R Salter soap is the find of the year for me, superb soap and a lovely lavender scent for under £5! On par with Haslinger before they went veggie. Certainly satisfied my lavender urge, as long as it is available it will be a staple of my stash. Been a while since I used a Polsilver blade and as always top notch, maybe not as good as the Wizamet but amongst today's offerings it's top of the pile.

Thur 19th July

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Speick Active soap
Schick B1
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

A shave with a Classic such as the B1 is a challenge to ones Shaving Skills. The Later versions can be used in quite a cavalier fashion without fear of mishap , "Oldies" such as this require concentration and a very light touch to avoid error. So I was really pleased to get a smooth fault free Shave, with an extremely close all round finish. This was a far nicer Shave than that yesterday with a Type G, and with a far superior finish.

IMG_0166.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: S_J Panga Panga 26mm ST
Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: ATT Calypso (on loan)
Blade: Schick Proline P
IMG_20180719_162155.jpg

First of all, thanks must go to @Barry Giddens for letting me try his latest bit of hardware, cheers Barry she's a beaut.
After looking at her admiringly, I was surprised at how light it was when I eventually picked her up. I know, I know, aluminium is light but she looks so substantial it still caught me unawares.
The shave was very good, two and a half passes to get a dfs and not a peep from the alum block, a very good first impression indeed.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited:
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Personna
Pre: Shower including Nivea Face Wash Sensitive
Soap: Executive Shaving Natural cream
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic

My 3rd DE shave since converting. Still on my first blade.
Just simply....wow.
Took the time to figure out my stubble growth pattern, as recommended by members.
3 passes with a final touch up and I'm BBS.
A little irritation on the lower neck line which was soothed by the Nivea balm, but It's so much more enjoyable than cartridge shaving.
The Nivea products have been lying in my bathroom cupboard for a long time, but now I actually know how to use them properly!
Thanks to everyone for the advice so far.
Now to start experimenting!

Nice write-up. Sounds like you are going about it the right way.

Try to stick with the same set-up for a few weeks if you can.
It takes time to hone your technique but the rewards are worth it. It's great to have a little 'me time".

Good luck with your future shaves.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
TE4sDsAp_o.jpg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Polsilver SI (1)
Cyril R Salter (Tallow)
Barts Balm Lavender Atershave & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

I think this Cyril R Salter soap is the find of the year for me, superb soap and a lovely lavender scent for under £5! On par with Haslinger before they went veggie. Certainly satisfied my lavender urge, as long as it is available it will be a staple of my stash. Been a while since I used a Polsilver blade and as always top notch, maybe not as good as the Wizamet but amongst today's offerings it's top of the pile.
+1 on the Salter tallow. Great stuff; the quality far exceeds the price!

Nice write-up. Sounds like you are going about it the right way.

Try to stick with the same set-up for a few weeks if you can.
It takes time to hone your technique but the rewards are worth it. It's great to take your have a little 'me time".

Good luck with your future shaves.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks Rob.

I'm enjoying the time and will stick to what I'm currently doing to learn everything I can.

This forum is a God send with everyone being so helpful.

Thank you to everyone! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: S_J Panga Panga 26mm ST
Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: ATT Calypso (on loan)
Blade: Schick Proline P
View attachment 37141

First of all, thanks must go to @Barry Giddens for letting try his latest bit of hardware, cheers Barry she's a beaut.
After looking at her admiringly, I was surprised at how light it was when I eventually picked her up. I know, I know, aluminium is light but she looks so substantial it still caught me unawares.
The shave was very good, two and a half passes to get a dfs and not a peep from the alum block, a very good first impression indeed.
Happy Shaving one and all.
I'm pleased you like it Kevin. Especially after the disappointment of the last razor I lent you. Mentioning no names (Mong....).

L&L Grooming TSM Fougere
Envy Shave ‘8 Ball'
Mongoose B2
Feather Proguard #7
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

Tremendous lather and fern scent from soap, good shave marred by a nick under my nose, ahh well. Still silky smooth face. [emoji856][emoji106]

The TSM FOUGÈRE is a new favourite of mine. If you can get hold of the aftershave splash, go for it. The scent doesn't exactly match the soap but it's a stunning scent all on it's own. Up there with the best aftershave I've tried so far. Face feel is top draw and the scent lasts for ages.

Back
Top Bottom