SOTD : Saturday 14th August to Friday 20th August 2021

Mon 16 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Very uplifting soap scent! Love it! The lather was creamy and slick too...
Another nice shave from this razor! I am appreciating it more by each use...after going through another pasted balsa progression. The edge was smooth and keen. Did not feel it being aggressive at all. Had an enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a ccs to sas results. Still unable to get my neck whiskers removed satisfactorily.
20210815_233707.jpg20210816_073827.jpg

14/08/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Blade - @Fergiebilly
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts E
A/S - Pinaud Whisky Woods

View attachment 75349

Firstly a big Thank you for all your thoughtful wishes and kind words regarding my recent bereavement, also, a massive thank you for the very thoughtful cards i received from TSR friends, they really helped me get through, what was for me, a very difficult situation.
Anyway, i thought i had better start to post a SOTD again and get back to some form of normality.
I did enjoy that shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

And really good to see you back. Take care, be well

234459302_259176482699277_1344576913992104120_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum (1)

3 day growth removed with wonderful efficiency by a beautifully scented setup. The Blue Diamond Platinum continues to impress me with its understated efficiency, and - at its pricepoint - is the only blade I own that can compete with the Gillettes (Super Blue, London Bridge, GSB.)

Last edited:
Monday 16th August
Vig Shaving Purtech - Lea Stick (original tallow formula) - 3D Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
5HgCUOt.jpg

SOTD 16-Aug
DSC02051.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Good shave this morning, couple of days growth taken down in short order. I do really like the knot and the loft in this handle, seems to make short work of generating lather and is really good for going straight to the face. On top of that I think I've had perhaps 2 or 3 hairs drop since using it.

Like it so much in fact I've ordered another another to set in a separate handle. I'm sure there are better out there but I'm happy with that one!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

16 August

B&M Reserve Fern
PAA Peregrino
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart’s Ben Nevis asb

96CE67A6-6212-4814-8F51-E14B9D5A7877.jpeg

A superb shave to start the week. I think, for me, the Blackbird gets as close as a Mühle R41, but, the Blackbird leaves me feeling considerably more comfortable after the shave has finished.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Execute Shaving Pre-Shave oil
Razor: Colonial General on Ikon SS bulldog handle
Blade: ProShave S (4)
Brush: Yaqi Moka
S Soap: Goodfellas - Orange Empire

New week new soap...something I'll admire? Its time to try Goodfella's - Orange Empire

I ditched the Feather Professional after 11 shaves last week. I think I could have pushed on for another three to make it a full two weeks of shaves but not on this occasion. Not trying to break any records but to have a comfortable shave. The ProShave S started well with plenty of sharpness and smoothness probably even smoother than the Feathers on the initial shaves but the excitement doesn't last as much.

Today on its fourth shave I start to feel its about to give up. You know that feeling when on a long race, you get to that point when everything is aching, just dragging yourself and start questioning why am I doing this? I think the blade it's getting to that point. But I shall push it to the finishing line.

Now, the soap. The new star of the week. What a refreshing scent! Absolutely love it. And on top of that a great performer with plenty of residual slickness and nice cushioning lather. This will be a keeper. I'm already looking for the matching aftershave.
A perfectly comfortable 3 pass shave concluded with a pore closing session thanks to the Shave Tonic and moisturising by Nivea Balm.

Have a great week everyone!

SOTD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom