SOTD : Saturday 14th August to Friday 20th August 2021

SOTD : 14th August 2021.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s.(Settings) Face: 3-wtg,3-atg,+pick ups.
Head: 3wtg,3,xtg3,atg+pick ups.
Frankensoap : Arko & Palmolive Classic Shave Stick endings. (Grated)
Blade : Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water face & head Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Duru Turkish Lemon Cologne./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

( Arko week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a long time since i used my Ming Shi 2000s...After reading adding comments the love/hate mixed opinion Arko shave stick -wow! forum yesterday I'm making this a Arko shaving product week.

Following a weekly 'no guard' buzzcut with my Wahl hair clippers yesterday i decided to do another head shave this morning to reacquaint myself to the very efficient Ming Shi 2000s adjustable razor.

The Ming Shi 2000s razor alone has improved my shaving confidence and technique multitude I never thought in a million years I would use such an efficient razor for a head shave...practicing my technique has gave me the shaving confidence to do so.

A very comfortable no-irritation/error-free silky smooth BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
14/08/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Blade - @Fergiebilly
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts E
A/S - Pinaud Whisky Woods

Wk33 (1).JPG

Firstly a big Thank you for all your thoughtful wishes and kind words regarding my recent bereavement, also, a massive thank you for the very thoughtful cards i received from TSR friends, they really helped me get through, what was for me, a very difficult situation.
Anyway, i thought i had better start to post a SOTD again and get back to some form of normality.
I did enjoy that shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

14/08/21
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Blade - @Fergiebilly
Balm - Tester Barts E

View attachment 75349

Firstly a big Thank you for all your thoughtful wishes and kind words regarding my recent bereavement, also, a massive thank you for the very thoughtful cards i received from TSR friends, they really helped me get through, what was for me, a very difficult situation.
Anyway, i thought i had better start to post a SOTD again and get back to some form of normality.
I did enjoy that shave.
Good to have you back Tony
Very best
P

Today's shave:

rdt2108140uk8n.jpg

- Oleo Soapworks Shiloh
- DSC "Bamboo" 2-Band
- Mühle CC with Haryali handle and Feather blade
- Myrsol Plastic Shave aftershave

:D

Sat 14 SR SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Dorko Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
I really like this soap for the nice scent and lovely rich creamy and slick lather...
This shave with the razor after going thru a 2nd pasted balsa stropping was so much better...the edge was keen and yet very smooth. Managed 3passes without any weepers nor irritation for a better efficiency ccs result. It's nice being able to enjoy and get more from this razor.
20210813_234026.jpg20210814_112924.jpg

14/08/21
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Blade - @Fergiebilly
Balm - Tester Barts E

View attachment 75349

I did enjoy that shave.
Good to see you Tony. Lovely Razor and Brush Combination.

Sat 14th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
RR S/S Hawk V3 - A plate
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I knew from previous experience that this Razor was good , but with this Kai blade it moves into the top echelon. A most smooth and comfortable Shave today, with an amazingly close finish.

IMG_1596.jpg

SOTD 14-Aug
DSC02038.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA ICE Cube
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: B&M Terror
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Thought I'd try and amp up the cool effect with the ICE cube, you can certainly feel it when you slap it on, it did then seem to be tempered through the shave. Overall pleasant menthol experience, it's not going to freeze your face off but it's enough for me.

I did take the actual shave a little too far though, 2 days on the trot going ATG. I don't know why I thought my face would have changed and that it could cope but I have always benefited from a gap day, lesson re-learnt.

Still very good finish, and ready for the weekend jobs the Mrs has set me (ish).

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 14th August 2021 AM

Pre: Warm rinse and Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Blue Barbershop soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, RazoRock Blue Barbershop aftershave and Bart Balm Peppermint balm
EdP: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

A7BC6582-4B8D-46EF-BF8A-867DDAB7C241.jpeg

I’ve not used the Rockwell razor in what feels like forever. It’s a joy to use and needs to be moved back into my rotation. Plate 5 is assertive but it gives me the result I like.

The Feather was even better on its 2nd outing with 3 passes sailing by and a super smooth finish.

The soap isn’t as slick as some of my more recent choices though the scent is one I really enjoy.

Finishing off with the splash and a blob of Barts Balm has my skin feeling smooth, soft and fresh.

As I’m off out with Mrs C Tobacco Vanille is a must.

Have a lovely day folks.

IMG_20210814_113817.jpg

14/8/21

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - GFS/Omega 10077
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Polish Polsilver (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

An absolute cracker of a shave from start to finish, great slick lather, smooth and comfortable combination between the blade and razor, and a great irritation free finish when I put the splash.

Back
Top Bottom