SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

SOTD: 17th Ocotber 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & lime Shaving Bar. (Old Recipe)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Yelkin Lemon Eau De Cologne./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning Shave,

It's been a while since i last done a head/dome shave using the FaTip Grande so out of curiosity this morning I've gave the Gillette guard a break.

The difference in aggression and blade feel in the Fatip to the Gillette guard is considerably more however, after the first few stroke I found my shaving angle & felt comfortable, using the lightest of touch the Fatip mowed through my head/dome stubble with effortless ease feeling smooth & efficient.

Using the Fatip this morning I had to focus more doing the head shave which took longer to do than with the Gillette guard which wasn't an issue for me as I look forward to my head and dome shaves plus the finishing result using the Fatip was super close & smooth with no nicks or irritation.

The Eco Warrior soap bar provided a wonderful slick lather rubbing it directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then started to build up a lather with my damp Semogue 1470 adding water to the tips of the brush to get the lather to the consistency that I prefer.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 17-Oct
20231016_162034 (1)-02.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: NO Logbook
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Wizamet

Nice comfortable shave, the SB plate is very smooth, combined with logbook leaves me both smooth and smelling good. It's unfortunate that these NO EDPs don't last long, I've got EDTs that last longer, but they still smell good.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 17/10/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a grand day!

Tuesday 17th October
Ever Ready NA Featherweight - GEM Stainless #2 - Yaqi Robin - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231013-151814-01.jpg

Tuesday 17 October

Gillette seems to have produced only one Bakelite de razor, albeit the cap is metal. This is a Tech, made in England and Mr Razor shows one example, a French set from 1940. Like all Gillette Techs that I have used it gives an excellent and comfortable shave. Why Gillette chose to make this particular Bakelite version I can’t imagine. It’s very light weight but then so is a metal Tech. At least it takes a normal de blade unlike the Bakelite Wardonia.
Sadly this mornings experience was marred somewhat by the rubbish shave stick that I recently purchased. The lather was hopeless, weak and insipid, dying on my face before I had put the brush down and picked up the razor. As for its Aloe Vera base, even this seemed non existent as my face was quite quite irritated afterwards. As was my post shave demeanour. Not to be recommended, the stick has been consigned to the bin.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0339.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom