SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

Friday AM 2021-02-19
World Whale Day
wPXoam4.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black
Schick Super Chromium (1)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard aftershave

Usually my first shave with a new blade is somewhat rough, even after palm stropping. But today, with use of Cantu pre-shave scrub and Ethos First Lather before applying the soap lather, the shave was extremely smooth, as well as close. I love the warm scent of the Dragonsbeard.
Q0DkTWy.jpg

Three lovely bits of kit there. I've just ordered some of the Castle Forbes as lime is probably my favourite scent, and I hear excellent reports of their cream. It's expensive but sounds like an excellent performer. As for the Rocca, a birch handled version is on my radar, although I suspect it may have too much blade feel for me. Great shave!
The Castle Forbes Lime is one of the best creams if you’re fond of lime, and you would be very unlikely to be disappointed by that purchase. The Mühle Rocca is not for you if your worried about blade feel, it is quite blade forward, and has a bit of a learning curve. I hope that helps you decide...for now. :)

Friday 19th February

ACtC-3cP8gBJCv6YdGQhAb58SAqn67UKv_-uyHilwuWyHAQUeNgeoL0Al43UZcBD7OzuB18VDa_vNaxBmesn47a7Jm9Lbj7OcwqVGVEytjAJGAsXXiWy5l6JjbcMdajRod5dkvqNNdPZ2MeR_7z01lla5nrSXQ=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
Vidyut Rise Stainless (3)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

The Rise Stainless just gets better and better!

From the first shave, I was straight in with an 8.5/10 with my thoughts being that it was as good as the Lord Classic (rated to 8.5 in my books) yet perhaps a little sharper? After the second shave, I'd upped that to 8.9 as it was knocking on the door of the likes of the Silver Star Super Stainless and I certainly commented as such.

Tonight, I'm left having to award a 9/10 as it actually is up there with the likes of the Silver Star Super Stainless and the PermaSharp Super, it's still very sharp and giving me first shave keenness with all hints that it might be a closet vampire (like the Gillette London Bridge) all gone. Super smooth and clearly very sharp! It's right up there in Gillette Super Thin territory!

I don't tend to push on for a 4th shave with DE blades as I've often had doubts and always regretted doing so, but I do fully believe this will go for a 4th with the same quality of shave ... and so I will do that tomorrow. Very few blades that I've used can reliably give me four shaves - the Treet Platinum is one (which pulls a full 10/10 in my ratings).

While googling, I happened upon this branding which is most likely the same blade:

ACtC-3cVfykl1JNzzz2-99Xc91lKg6dD4Y5hI1Mmc2NczfXLu6YgX9zODOEduSLfLxlGa9NczYC9teUXczRdlcLmkVgCXZR0YwK18S4H_ZC_gq_GlgbXVLu5RgC8iyospfDYIf7fBvo-7XvFM17i4ktHIpPA_Q=w300

"Super Sharp" ... no kidding!

SoTd
First run out with this little beauty was a perfect lovely sharp edge just glided through the hair was very comfortable going across and against the grain on the chin my most sensitive area along with the neck. Probably went a little overboard but no irritation that wasn’t gone after a few minutes an extremely close shave and a very comfortable little razor can’t wait to give it a second go thank you @RussellR5555
12B01632-9211-44A0-ABE2-92FE4206329E.jpeg88602C50-743C-4E2F-BEA6-3FFB564E073C.jpeg

SoTd
First run out with this little beauty was a perfect lovely sharp edge just glided through the hair was very comfortable going across and against the grain on the chin my most sensitive area along with the neck. Probably went a little overboard but no irritation that wasn’t gone after a few minutes an extremely close shave and a very comfortable little razor can’t wait to give it a second go thank you @RussellR5555
View attachment 65088View attachment 65089
It looks right at home with some good company there.

Thematically named 'Spoilt shitless'

IMG_20210218_203825.jpg
Spolit bastard - Ikon B1
Spoilt child - Polsilver Lodz
Spoilt lady - Alpha (Wickhams) Artic Fox
Spoilt milk - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap

The end of a week of really magnificent shaves and after cracking the lethal Rocnel what a better way than to use its partner in crime the Ikon B1. But what a way to end the week, with an incredibly close shave with a cracking smooth finish. Live life on the edge and reap the rewards.

A first outing for the 'I hate the fucking BST' Alpha brush and so many thanks to @MrK1 for the opportunity to purchase this wonderful lather monster. An absolute blinder. And very shiny to boot.

The Bath House? A highly recommended soap you really must try. Go on spoil yourself.

And now to woo my good lady

'I'll give you shoot your fucking load you smooth talking Spoilt shit'

Have a great weekend you lovely people of team TSR and wishing you all a safe and happy time.

Until the new SOTD week I will leave you with some lovebites. Try explaining that one to your loved ones.

Thematically named 'Spoilt shitless'

View attachment 65054
Spolit bastard - Ikon B1
Spoilt child - Polsilver Lodz
Spoilt lady - Alpha (Wickhams) Artic Fox
Spoilt milk - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap

The end of a week of really magnificent shaves and after cracking the lethal Rocnel what a better way than to use its partner in crime the Ikon B1. But what a way to end the week, with an incredibly close shave with a cracking smooth finish. Live life on the edge and reap the rewards.

A first outing for the 'I hate the fucking BST' Alpha brush and so many thanks to @MrK1 for the opportunity to purchase this wonderful lather monster. An absolute blinder. And very shiny to boot.

The Bath House? A highly recommended soap you really must try. Go on spoil yourself.

And now to woo my good lady

'I'll give you shoot your fucking load you smooth talking Spoilt shit'

Have a great weekend you lovely people of team TSR and wishing you all a safe and happy time.

Until the new SOTD week I will leave you with some lovebites. Try explaining that one to your loved ones.

Glad you are enjoying the brush.

So I wasn't ready to go to sleep. So I decided to have a late night/early morning shower and then a shave.
Pre: Warm Shower, some pre shave oil.
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (4,4,2)
Blade: WS-Gillette Saloon
Brush: Re-handled Wilkinson Sword Boar
Soap: Tabac stick (scraped Into bowl)
Bowl: Small Stoneware Thingy.
After: Cool rinse, alum block, Nivea 2 phase.

A delightful shave. To be honest I'd had a rough few days mentally. It happens sometimes to me. I just get s sudden onset of feeling errrrrrr 'fed up' is the best way to describe it. Almost can't be bothered to do anything, but after a few days the cloud lifts and I can get on with life. Fortunately I'm self employed so I can take a couple of mental rest days and then get going again. Anyway.....
So because I was feeling like that I decided as I said I would have a nice shower, then a shave, go to bed, and see what the morning brings.

I had forgotten what a wonderful shave you get when using Tabac. An extremely nice lather was whipped up using my Re-handled WS boar knot. 3 pass shave using the WS-Gillette blade #3rd use. Only 1 or 2 minor blood spots. Finished off with a rub round the old chops with an alum block, rinsed and then a splash of the Nivea 2 phase. DFS enjoyed every minute of it.

IMG_20210220_014039.jpg

So I wasn't ready to go to sleep. So I decided to have a late night/early morning shower and then a shave.
Pre: Warm Shower, some pre shave oil.
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (4,4,2)
Blade: WS-Gillette Saloon
Brush: Re-handled Wilkinson Sword Boar
Soap: Tabac stick (scraped Into bowl)
Bowl: Small Stoneware Thingy.
After: Cool rinse, alum block, Nivea 2 phase.

A delightful shave. To be honest I'd had a rough few days mentally. It happens sometimes to me. I just get s sudden onset of feeling errrrrrr 'fed up' is the best way to describe it. Almost can't be bothered to do anything, but after a few days the cloud lifts and I can get on with life. Fortunately I'm self employed so I can take a couple of mental rest days and then get going again. Anyway.....
So because I was feeling like that I decided as I said I would have a nice shower, then a shave, go to bed, and see what the morning brings.

I had forgotten what a wonderful shave you get when using Tabac. An extremely nice lather was whipped up using my Re-handled WS boar knot. 3 pass shave using the WS-Gillette blade #3rd use. Only 1 or 2 minor blood spots. Finished off with a rub round the old chops with an alum block, rinsed and then a splash of the Nivea 2 phase. DFS enjoyed every minute of it.

I hope the feeling you had after your Tabac shave stays with you for a while to come.

Paul.

SATURDAY ‌02/20/21 SOTD
Yates 921-M Stonewashed 3.25" Handle
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
RazoRock XXX Aftershave Splash

QlZqzOr.jpg
Hey Jim

Your in last weeks thread , would hate people to miss your great picture.

Back
Top Bottom