SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

As for samples - you could have a look here:

Not the biggest selection but somewhere to start. - cheers - I.

Superdrug own brand aftershaves are very good for the price
Brut aftershave comes in several nice scents too
Lynx DarkTemptation is another that does an excellent job , and the scent is divine and long lasting
All can be had for around £3 -£4 for 100ml + bottles

Imagine, all the money you will save on aftershaves, you can spend on expensive razors, exotic looking brushes and artisan soaps with groovy artwork on the labels !

Jump in . . . . .The water is lovely !

Thanks @Digimonkey and @Paul L ! I'll be sure to take a look at those, probably will end up ordering some samples from shaveDash then and pay a visit to superdrug next time I'm out shopping!

Yeah... I really should stop spending time reading soap reviews... already eyeing next soaps (and matching post shave lotions/splashes/balms) - A&E Spartacus, B&M Terror, PB Spitfire... List is long enough for what I'll want to try! and I just keep adding on... such a big world to explore!

Very lovely I'd say!

Friday

The Fat
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Tech (Flat Bottom, England, 1948)
Gillette Nacet (1)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Speick after shave

Shaving planetary alignment this morning. The soap has taken on a centrifugal force of its own during brush loading, however. Clearly, it’s become unmoored from the bottom of the vessel; so it’s the ceramic pot once replacement is necessary (in a decade or so).

Stay safe, everyone.

45666106-189E-4EE9-A682-CD8E94055006.jpeg

19/02/21
5 for Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Rex Ambassador (3 - 2.75)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum

View attachment 65069
Always a pleasure to use the Rex and today was no exception, especially when you add the Danum soap into the mix.
BBS from 3 very comfortable passes and a very nice post shave routine.
I dropped the Duke 2 the other day and i have chipped the handle, it still works OK but i am a bit gutted.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Thank you

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine...
[IMG]

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 91 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Uber BBS Close Shave with My Puma Solingen 6/8th.Sporting a Very Keen Escher 17 K Thuri Edge..The Only Razor in My Collection with a Tad of Hone Wear..Such a Rare Bird that Found its Way to Russia During the War Years..Its a Silver Steel Job & One of My Top Notch Shavers & a Bit of Sieg Heil Mein Fuhrer,Ubermensch Razor History in Waffen SS Jackboots..Scottish Independence Style..
:happy097:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

19 February

Castle Forbes Lime
Mühle Rocca
Mühle Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Grapefruit and Pink Pepper asb

View attachment 65080

Two days growth to remove and the Mühle razor had no problems at all, two passes and smooth again.

Three lovely bits of kit there. I've just ordered some of the Castle Forbes as lime is probably my favourite scent, and I hear excellent reports of their cream. It's expensive but sounds like an excellent performer. As for the Rocca, a birch handled version is on my radar, although I suspect it may have too much blade feel for me. Great shave!

Back
Top Bottom