SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Friday AM 2022-08-19
National Hot & Spicy Food Day
dj2UTjH.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Faux Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Wilkinson London Bridge (5)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave
hUEfCCn.jpg

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Gillette Winner Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Omega Boar
Soap = Himitsu By Wet The Face
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
7A66B051-D92A-4C2D-AD2A-504EDB213B93.jpegAnother Random ish shave.
The wonderful Himitsu produced a wonderful 3 pass shave.
I was starting to get a bit fed up of modern type razors but the Rocca has gave me a new lease of life.
Overall a fantastic shave & can’t wait until the next one.
Stay Safe Guys

E43A7E6F-E4E7-4FAC-8A49-E1E731FF76F7.jpeg
SOTD: 19/08/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut Brass
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA High Jump 47 Puck
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So despite saying it was overpriced, I got the offer of a very reasonably priced Brass The Final Cut from @Kevy, along with these kind extras from him as well as a tub of TOBS sandalwood. My first shave today with it was a delight! The extra weight made for an even closer shave than the original, that and the Polsilvers which I haven’t used in ages since I bought my first sample pack. Effortlessly smooth on 3 then down to 2 anymore would have been too much with this set up. It has slightly less ‘glide’ than the chrome but the added weight balances this out and it’s barely noticeable. It feels incredibly small for a brass razor in comparison to my Hone or old Pearl, and because of this the weight/balance is pretty much spot on. I can see this easily becoming a new favourite!

To end this week's frolicking by the sink activities I give you last night's shave themed, 'Harry Potter and granddad's secret chamber pot'

20220818_121715.jpg

Harry Potter - Occams Enoch
Pothead Pixies - Schick Proline (Gong anyone?)
A Potter called Harry - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Harry the pot - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
A pot to piss in - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'Very fetching shoes Satan'
'Thank you'

Yesterday was Mrs Satanfriendly's birthday and unknown to her the granddaughters had arranged for it to be Harry Potter themed. Themed shaves, themed birthdays. They are learning. It did include the missus having to wear a Potter outfit complete with a chopstick as a wand. I did mention she was a witch but quickly corrected that she was in fact, a wizard. How pathetic I am.

Let's fuck granddad up by stealing his chamber pot from under the bed
Yeh
Then he won't know what to do when he needs a wee in the middle of the night
Yeh
And that's because he is rubbish
Yeh
And he has a rubber bum
Yeh. Does he?

20220818_155120.jpg

Obviously their cloaks of invisibility are failing badly and they are confusing Harry Potter with Zorro.

And the shave?

A wizard of a shave and alchemy while unable to change lead to gold, it did a mighty fine job of changing rough as a badger's arse to smooth as a beaver.

Did someone mention beaver?

Have a most wonderful weekend you forum folk

Friday's shave:

Not actually done by me, hence not a photo in sight.

My daughter wanted to see what the feather style razors were like compared to her usual barbering fare of shavette and Derby saloon blades.

Feather pro blade in the copy feather ss razor. Fine barber blue with a Zenith brush.

My daughter did say once she got used to the difference, she felt it was twice as quick as her usual shavette. Plus, she didn't have to do a blade change to finish my face like she did last time. She's going to get one and some blades for use with family and friends. Too expensive for everyday barbering usage when you can get 200 saloon blades for less than £2.

Anyhow, nice not to shave when you've got such a good barber as a daughter!

Sat 20 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Kamisori Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 8th Use
Aftershave HeV-CCC Balm
A nice aromatic cigarish scented soap with an acceptable lather. The balm ensures a lasting enjoyable aroma.
Easy, fast, and smooth shave with this razor and blade combination. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish
20220820_104658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom