SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

SOTD: 19/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 12th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Friday 19th April
Birthday Shave
Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless # 6 - Cadman Custom M7 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018143-01.jpg

Razor - Timor
Blade - Astra (2)
Brush - Simpson Captain
Soap - Cella

Change of approach. The 3 pass shave was requiring such extensive touch-ups it was basically a 4 pass shave… with extra irritation. I decided that the XTG was bringing nothing to the party. So I tried a 2 pass with some touch-ups and it worked better… just need to work on it a bit.

I’ve always had a bit of trouble with the Cella. I love the smell, but it wasn’t exactly doing the much-vaunted “lather explosion”. So I decided to beat it to buggery with the Captain… and it worked.

A pretty good shave overall, then. I thought I might need a dab of my Proraso superglue, but the clinique soother sorted the job out… miraculous stuff.

IMG_0128.jpeg

19/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 16 (7).jpg
Happy Birthday Arthur @Electrif
Happy Birthday GIF by The Simpsons

The Genesis is becoming a favourite GEM Blade razor, it took a few shaves to get to know its characteristics ie putting pressure on the back of the head so the blade tracks your face. For me it really works well.
This blade has completed 10 shaves so i will prepare a new blade ready for its next outing. Nip -nip.
Spot on that.
Enjoy your day all.

20240419_093145.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Hibernia.
Razors Occam's Oren (...)
Blade Feather Pro Guard (9).
Aftershave Jape incase you hadn't guessed it's a Joop clone but can easily be Joop in another bottle it's that close. :unsure:

I did a before work shave today and wanted to make sure I looked amazing so the Oren fitted the bill nicely paired with the Pro Guard.
Disappoint it did not and gave me an excellent shave.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Dance Party GIF by Minions

Back
Top Bottom