SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

SOTD: 13th April 2024.

33.jpg
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1250.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck?!"Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Blade: KCG. (D1)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Mandarin Cologne./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend....It's been some time since I used the Razorock "WTP?!" soap and forgot it takes a bit more time to build a lather, which for me isn't a big issue i find after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick protective lather with a good post shave feel.

Maiden shave with the Semogue 1250 I gave the brush my pre-cleaning ritual a 10 minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with baby shampoo, Dettol anti-bacterial & Palmolive hand bars soap leaving it to soak for a 5 minutes to get rid of any manufacturing nasties, remove any loose hairs repeated the process to remove the faint funky fragrance of which the pre-wash process removed completely and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue, and finally removed any excess water with a towel then gave the tips of brush a vigorous rub to start the splitting process letting the brush fully dry out for 48 hours making it ready to use.

I look forward to using the Semogue 1250 in my future shave set ups as I know it'll get better with each outing. The breaking in period with Semogue boars takes longer and tend to splay more than the Omega boars but still hold a good amount of backbone. Each shave performance, & feel from both the Semogue 1250 & Omega 10005 will continue to get better with each outing. Another excellent addition to my boar brush collection.

Since I got the King C Gillette at Christmas and familiarised myself to it I've started to grow a fondness for it. For me it's a trio hybrid of the Edwin Jagger/Muhle R89 & Merkur 34C which all are superb razors in their own right. Aggression wise it's slightly more efficient than the three. Fitted with the King C Gillette blade makes a mild smooth yet efficient duo. A great razor & blade combo. I like the KCG blades.

A close comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.:cool:

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Razor = Karve CB ( D )
Blade = Indonesian London Bridge ( 2 )
Brush = Highlander 2023 Le in 26mm Boar
Soap. La Toja Shave Stick
with matching splash
Balm = Loccitane Cade
IMG_1357.jpeg
Maybe doesn’t look much but a great shave this.
i probably say it every time but i love shave sticks
my most of us don’t use them i can’t fathom but this includes me.
I have plenty yet don’t use them enough.
I guess most of us have been sucked in to fancy artisans that are not actually much better.
3 Passes of delightful lather & job done.

Today's shave:

rdt240413.jpg

- WestMan (Desas)Sossego
- Epsilon Butterscotch Amphora 2-Band
- Alpha Outlaw with Tibam handle and Sputnik blade
- Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender aftershave

:D

Declaration Grooming ‘Massacre of the Innocents’
SOC Cherrywood boar
ATT S1 Kronos handle
Brazilian Gillette #3
Attar flanker of Parfum de Marly’s Herod

Switched the blade into the slant head which is actually disappointing very mild so I rarely use it, both the soap and attar match in scent, the shave was ok after a bit of scrubbing action. Have a chill weekend folks.

SOTD 13-Apr
1000025635-01.jpeg
Prep: SSC West Indies Lime Shave Oil
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: SSC West Indies Lime
Razor: Koraat 14-2.0

A wonderfully chilled shave this morning, no distractions beyond my own (empty) thoughts. Excellent scent on this set, think I may have to add some frost drops when the weather improves, but for now it'll do nicely.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Astra Stainless (3)
Brush: Highlander Candy
S Soap: Noble Otter Plunder

Went on a BST purchasing spree lately with more soaps to come. Hard to resist the mate rates. A great community here at TSR. Thank you all

SOTD.jpg

13 April

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Duke 3
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm
Chanel Allure edt

IMG_0952.jpeg
A third great shave in a row and the Blackbird feels like there is at least one more in the tank for tomorrow. The shave from the Blackbird certainly is a little better than some of my other razors. I can feel it most the following morning when there is less stubble regrowth. An excellent close shave.

13/04/23
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 16 (1).jpg
Enjoy your day all.

Surely this was a shave worthy of the mighty Zeus… erm… except he had a huge beard… wrong example…

Pre - King of Shaves gel
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Soap - Arko stick
Razor - Rockwell R2
Blade - Astra (3)
Post-shave blood stauncher - Proraso superglue (not required, but a recent acquisition)

I think some of my recent problem shaves have been down to 2 day shaves. I’ve gone back to 3 day shaves and normality has been resumed. Two day shaves (usually on holiday) will be done with a cartridge razor.
I tried out the Astra in the Rockwell. R2 seems a touch too mild but worked fine. I’ll try R3 again when I’m in the right mood.
Gotta love the Arko stick and face-lathering. I now have a LEA stick for holidays (just as good and with a plastic cover for travelling) so the Arko has gone back into mainstream rotation. I’ve got enough sticks to last until I’m 150 years old.
A word for the King of Shaves gel. I have a ton of the stuff from cartridge shaving days… it’s ok, but I use it as a pre-shave and it works fine.

Think I’ve blethered on enough… time for a fresh coffee and biscuit.
Cheers, everyone.

IMG_0125.jpeg

Sat 13
Soap & Aftershave Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Titan ACRM-2
Nice masculine-smelling lather & splash!
This razor's edge was not good so put it through the full diamond pasted balsa progression and finished on the HBA and buffalo leather. Finally enjoyed a satisfying shave from this razor...
20240413_204319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom