SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

Tuesday 16th April

AP1GczNv6cVON9u-HBZycZSBJdGFoBmQWNcxgFRa_b1KASGQxfr5kh-KRQRWFwhYKoyNGALbysrqluq60FGzaEl5_ppeCwHUscQorQCAHN7QkBh-WSAlgYGNTmEnM3m3OoL8adQ9z6GxqoD4jKcbtljCYDZc1A=w800

Crabtree & Evelyn Soap for Men (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

BIC in the KCG is a lovely thing!

Getting to know my new piggy quite well now and he's a top performer from the off ... as are many Omega brushes.

SOTD Tue 16 Apr 2024

Midweek-ish, shave
1DB57982-66DC-4D70-B64B-D9FD40B947EA.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Proraso Red
Brush - DSCosmetic T4 Colourful synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock SharpEdge (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

That was a great shave, that was! Most enjoyable. The razor was nimble (or my hands were - for a change) the blade was sharp and smooth, the lather was thick and protective. All round enjoyable, feel and smell great.

531CB64D-2AD0-4E0E-A926-19B31AAAD198.jpeg
Had a new toy today, de-stuffed it in less than 10 minutes. This was tidied while she had a drink, she then dis-assembled the rest. Total time taken, 25 minutes. She seemed to enjoy playing with her new toy! This is why we keep her away from chickens!

SOTD: 17/04/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the day !

A fairly close shave but either the Brazilian is dying or it's milder in the EJ.
Have to say even without using any post-shave solution except water, and with a day between shaves, skin after the shave feels great!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Brazilian, modern
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Captain Fawcett Scapicchio

Wednesday 17 April
I have big thanks for today’s shave to Lee (y) , @LeeMaz who very kindly agreed to a loan swap of his Occams OREN. They aren’t being made or sold now as far as I’m aware, so getting hold of one is a needle and haystack job. My first shave with it confirms why it has such a top rating amongst users. I used a new Schick Proline B-30, lathered up with the Omega 48 and set to work. Only a very light pressure required and 2 passes plus pick ups later and a bbs face emerged without drama. I like the OREN, the handle is unusual but fits the overall design of the razor. A solid rod type handle would look odd. Anyway you soon get used to the handle which fits my hand well.
Have a fine day fellas and anyone who would like to sell their OREN on please ppm me! Obviously Lee wants to keep his :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0583.jpeg

Wednesday 17 April
I have big thanks for today’s shave to Lee (y) , @LeeMaz who very kindly agreed to a loan swap of his Occams OREN. They aren’t being made or sold now as far as I’m aware, so getting hold of one is a needle and haystack job. My first shave with it confirms why it has such a top rating amongst users. I used a new Schick Proline B-30, lathered up with the Omega 48 and set to work. Only a very light pressure required and 2 passes plus pick ups later and a bbs face emerged without drama. I like the OREN, the handle is unusual but fits the overall design of the razor. A solid rod type handle would look odd. Anyway you soon get used to the handle which fits my hand well.
Have a fine day fellas and anyone who would like to sell their OREN on please ppm me! Obviously Lee wants to keep his :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 119474
It's a cracking razor and with a Pro Guard fitted you would be hard pushed to even believe there is a blade attached.

17 April

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

0E9848DC-6041-4963-9B05-86AA927812A0.jpeg
Another fine shave with the EJ and it feels like there will be one more from the Feather blade installed. The Extro did its exploding with lather trick on the Trafalgar and created a mountain of superb lather. Two passes was sufficient and the a splash of Floïd for the first time this year was a welcome sign of spring!

17/04/24
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Edge - @ Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 16 (5).jpg
Well that was a cracker, i am now sure a Pre-shave shower really preps my stubble which makes using a straight razor a joy. I am over the moon with this edge today, buttery smooth.
A nigh-on BBS finish from a 2 pass shave routine with a little touch up here and there.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
17 April

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

View attachment 119479
Another fine shave with the EJ and it feels like there will be one more from the Feather blade installed. The Extro did its exploding with lather trick on the Trafalgar and created a mountain of superb lather. Two passes was sufficient and the a splash of Floïd for the first time this year was a welcome sign of spring!

Extro exploding lather trick, this is how it works for me too. Firstly I get a very airy, bubbly mixture that when worked a little soon turns in to a creamy slippery lather that's hard to beat, and the slickness is good too - especially with Legno Di Rosa (made with donkey milk)
Out of interest, do you bowl lather with Extro?

April 17, 2024
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Denton Majik: Unscented (Gamechanger)
Fragrance: New York Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur
1st shave since my chemoradiation treatment.. OMG, that was a real boost for me mentally.

Back
Top Bottom