SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

Monday 15th April

AP1GczOsWOBB6az9y1_uAQl8Ow1_tFuyRTA1EBLLbi3isWOB_53M0efH3-HeQ-dzvizuy7AxSetQlWgMmlwIamN7nelxqERc966EBbyU2beQ1WLZ28fpAsGm82cT4I9RzhVrv5ZDEHbhUzlHxBqi7vcXoNCsYQ=w800

Crabtree & Evelyn Soap for Men (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Old Spice Musk for Men (Vintage) Aftershave

Smashing shave with my new brush and a vintage C&E that I bought from @SeanC last month - it's the Standard Company Ltd formulation considered to be the good one (well, at the time it was met with some derision given C&E came off a tallow formulation) before the fateful Soapworks Ltd acquisition. The tablet had what I can only describe as an "age coat" where the outside of the soap had dried out. It came off immediately with a lather ... and what a lather! I love this formulation!

Scent? No idea. Perhaps Sean knows? To me it's unscented ... and maybe that's what the "for men" thing is about. Dunno. It's soapy, and that's that! Superb to follow on with a splash of Old Spice Musk (again) for Men which to my nose it's Old Spice as it should be!

... and the BIC Chrome Platinum in the Rocca. Heaven! I have no idea how I could be so wrong about a blade - it's still not my favourite, that goes to the Treet Platinum; it could be second, but for different reasons.

Last edited:
An excellent second shave with this blade and the Bostonian. A bit better than yesterday's.
The Palmolive stick performed admirably; this is a vintage one and the little remaining scent belied its stellar performance.

Novon is a great no frills Barbershop cologne which I can splash on any day of the week.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Bostonian (long comb New)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Brazilian, modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Novon Old Marine cologne

SOTD: 16th April 2024.

35.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Menthol shaving cream.
Blade: KCG. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Alcolado glacial mentholated splash lotion./Arko Fresh ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Another very in-expensive eclectic shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & cool.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 16-April
20240415_153330-01.jpeg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: PAA Danaid Foil 50
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: GSB

I'm not keen on the labelling for this, but I can't argue with the scent. TF Ombre Leather dupe and it smells good. The scent doesn't last an age but it's pleasant whilst it's there.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

16 April

Palmolive stick
Edwin Jagger travel
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood Balm
YSL Y

4AF9AF62-5EF7-423E-8D3D-0B673E6212F4.jpeg
An excellent minimalist two pass shave. A great lather from the Palmolive stick and a very comfortable two passes with the EJ. What’s not to like? Other than the Palmolive stick is no more.

Tue 16th April

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor - 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Rather spoiled my self by using a fresh blade, after the last one had at least 2 more outings in it. Have been sloppy with lather production of late, so have been trying not to over wet the brushes. Got it spot on today so The Hiram with a nice lather delivered a super Shave, with a very pleasing finish.

IMG_0990.jpeg

Tuesday 16 April

Used my latest acquisition this morning, Merkur Vision 2000. The adjusting collar rotates one full turn and the razor is “infinitely“ adjustable anywhere between zero blade gap and max gap. The shave angle must be taken off the safety bar rather than the head, so with the handle more or less parallel with the cheek. Once I twigged this and set the adjuster just past halfway the razor worked perfectly. It’s not cumbersome and fits easily in my small mits nor is it a beast in my opinion although I did not try or need to shave on max gap. It strips down easily into 4 parts for cleaning, simple instructions for this were on the web.
Result was bbs in 2 main passes, wtg and atg plus pick ups with no irritation or other drama.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0579.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom