SOTD : Saturday 12th May - Friday 18th May 2018.

Pre: Glyce Lime
Brush: The Personal Barber synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond
Soap' Palmolive Shave Stick

A wonderful shave, the blade is the best I have used so far. Even better than Pol Silver SI blades. Smooth and comfortable yet sharp. Next to no irritation even when going against the grain on the lip.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

20180517_214628-jpg.29303

Charcoal Goods Level 2 (on loan)
Gillette Nacet
Maseto 24mm Finest
Martin de Candre Fougere
Myrsol Masaje Antesol

Second outing of the CG razor on loan from @Acer89
Even with the lightest of pressure and being very careful this is still an aggressive razor (for me).
The shave went without any issues but I won't say it was the most enjoyable.

I'm afraid the CG razor isn't for me. Many thanks to James for giving me the opportunity to try it and save me a load of cash.

Cheers
Rob

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Boots Travel BB
Soap: LaToja Stick
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Pink
IMG_20180518_074247.jpg
The LaToja Stick would make a good everyday soap imo, four days of use and my skin is doing grand.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited:
Norfolkdick, I wish you could get your hands on a Tuxedo 'quarter moon' brush to test. For me it face lathered better than the regular Tuxedo.

This guy ships to the U.K. cheaply I believe:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/520373460/black-handle-shaving-brush?ref=shop_home_active_11
Greetings

I do have one, I purchased it when they were first released as a result, I seem to remember, of your posting about them. I do like it and it is a nice brush but for me the knot just does not seem to splay open as well as the APShave co. Tuxedo of standard bulb shape and certainly not so well as this Synbad knot.

I also purchased their Angel knot at the same time which splays super easy but seems rather springy. The truth is I am splitting hairs (or fibres) :D and I'm becoming a nitpicking old bugger regarding these knots. I think part of the reason is that they are cheap so you can always try the next one released, if these were expensive badgers would I be so fussy? I expect not! Anyway I will shave with it tomorrow and also use the Tuxedo and the Synbad for the same shave, I think this is the way to really get a good feel for each brushes performance against each other, it is hard to hold in ones mind from shave to shave the subtle differences, probably more so as I get older!

Regards
Dick.

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Olive Oil Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline (Jewel)
Blade ~ Gem Stainless Steel
Soap ~ Cyril Salter Tallow
Brush ~ Semogue 2000
Post ~ Floid Black Aftershave
Scent ~ Christian Dior - Leather Oud

A faultles shave from the Streamline with the aid of the wonderful Cyril Salter solid shaving soap. A splash of Floid Black to wake me up and a spray or three of CD Leather Oud. Perfect!

Have a great day people....P.

Last edited:
SOTD - Friday 18 May 2018

SOTD_20180518.jpg

• Safety Razor: Mulcuto - Schrägschnitt
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts & Declaration Grooming - 24mm B5 - LavRonze (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Blu
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d'Orient

Back
Top Bottom