SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

14/6/21

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New OC
Blade - Gillette Nacet (3)
Post - Cien Aqua

The Nacet paired beautifully with the New OC, it was much smoother than with the Fat Handle Tech yesterday.

I'd not used Palmolive Stick for a while, I forgot how exceptional a lather it produces; slick, shiny with a great post shave feel.

Have a good start to the week gents.

14 June

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Razorock Bruce
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

58B5F739-94F4-4BA3-A0AB-3889DF4E8D2D.jpeg

A very pleasant shave this morning, two smooth passes and a good result… but, the GC .68-P does not get as close as my Feather AS-D1. It is a smooth, safe performer with the sharpest of blades, and, I like the way it’s manufactured, so it stays for now.
It is interesting that, for me, the GC .84-P similarly, did not give as close a shave as the Feather, despite being somewhat more assertive, go figure! I did move that one on.
Soap, brush and aftershave lotion were all excellent.

14 June 2021
Prep: Wait for the Mrs and everyone else to bugger off out of the house, lock my work laptop, then wash & warm towel
Pre: Nivea stubble moisturiser
Brush: Stirling finest badger 24mm fan
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Razor: Gillette Falklands '82 issue - (39 Years today)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Post: Wash off using leftover lather, Stirling Unscented Balm followed by Executive Man aftershave splash

Attachments

• 20210614_SOTD.jpg
    20210614_SOTD.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 8
20210614.jpg

• Shaving Soap: Proraso - White
  • Shaving Brush: Zenith - Horse
  • Saftey Razor: Gillette New Head on a iKon Bulldog Handle
  • Blade: Gillette - Goal
  • After Shave: Nivea - MEN After Shave
  • Prediction Spain vs Sweden - 2 - 0
Sweden against Spain today. Tough opening game for Sweden in Seville. Should be interesting to watch nevertheless, always fun with larger tournaments. Wish us luck :)

Monday AM 2021-06-14
National History Day
aaSkREA.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow) + Moroccan Rose Absolute/Hydrosol
LASSC BBS-1
Gillette Stainless Steel 'Spoiler' (2)
Brut aftershave (vintage)
cJU3q9P.jpg

Monday 14th June

Dorco_ST300.jpg

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj 24mm Boar
Muhle Rocca R95
Dorca ST-300 (1) Korean
Alcolado Glacial

Sumptuous lather from the donkey milk soap! Highly underrated, in my opinion, and truly artisinal.

Some years since I last used this Dorco blade and with a fresh pack in, I enjoyed how professional a feel the blade had unpacking it. Double wrapped, thick metal and solid graphics. The shave was very smooth and comfortable indeed although perhaps not as sharp as I remembered? Maybe the sharpness was hiding behind that classic platinum smoothness as I did get shaved in one pass to my satisfaction.

I took another because the lather was lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed shaving with the razor and blade combo. Most relaxing.

Splash of Alcolado to finish. Super-cool now and ready for some Jerk Chicken Drumsticks for dinner ...

Monday

Palmolive Menthol Cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
RazoRock ‘German 37’ slant
Super Iridium Extra Stainless (2)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

I picked up a couple of the Palmolive Menthol tubes over the weekend; and it really is good stuff. It gives a beautiful face freeze and, like any good cream, a fingertip sized snurdle was enough for more passes than a knobend on Mastermind (I only go for two passes these days; my cutlery arsenal tends toward the assertive).

Second outing for the 37; and it really is quite the cutler paired with the SI. I like its weight and balance. It’s also more on the front foot as compared to the Merkur 37C (a razor I still enjoy).

Feeling smooth, cool and eucalyptically mentholated.

F984123B-72D5-40B6-A37D-6F5F373BFD9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom