SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

ESVslmH.jpg

Above The Tie Calypso X1 SE Slant * Schick Proline
Above The Tie 22mm Silvertip Badger
Dr. Selby Shaving Soap * Barrister and Mann Lavanille Aftershave Splash​

20230813_184025-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Highlander Black synthetic Boti new tuxedo brush.
Soap Resurrection.
Razor The Twig.
Blade Dorco Stainless Steel.
Aftershave Resurrection.
Todays shave was a test shave for the newly acquired Dorco single edge blades.
The blades are packed well into a little box that you definitely do not want to drop, or you will be playing pickup for the next 2 hours.
I was pleasantly surprised at how thick the little paper wrapper was that each blade comes in, sometimes they can be tissue thin.
The Resurrection produced a great lather and the twig is always a great performer, I had been meaning to blow the dust from it after seeing so many people using it in their shaves.
I do feel that the Dorco blade is a great match as the overall quality of the shave was excellent. No cuts, irritation or annoying stubble. I am smooth enough to get a kiss from the wife and avoid the dishes. Lucky lucky me.
I will leave my shave for a couple of days and see how the Blade gets on when there will be plenty of hair to take down.
Have a great evening/day everyone and stay amazing.

IMG_2565.jpeg
SOTD: 13/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Derby Extra, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Channel Allure Eau de Toilette

I dug out some derby blades I’ve had for a while to use with the Titan, on the recommendation of @slapo. I’ve not used them in a while but they were great with the Titan, giving a very smooth and capable shave, much better than yesterday’s Feather blade. I really enjoyed my time with the Titan and it’s the first DE to peak my interest in quite a while. I’m not sure what I can further add to the Titan review wise, I like the polished finish, the smooth but medium aggressive shave, the weight and balance are spot on, as is the manoeuvrability. I particularly like how firmly the blade is clamped. I’m a fan and I think it’s reasonably priced for a titanium razor. I would like to see an aluminium razor in the line up too though as it may be an entry level razor for people to try before the step up to the steel or titanium.

Cardea - The Roman Goddess Of Door Hinges
Matshishkapeu - The Innu Spirit of farts
Tlazolteotl - The Aztec Godess of eating dirt

And a shave themed, 'In the realm of the Gods'

20230813_205836.jpg

Zeus - The God of beards - The stainless Mongoose - The God of removing them

Caerus - The God of sharp things - Feather Professional - A God of sharp blades

Keizô Murase - Brush of the God - Highlander LFC - A God of a brush

Hygieia - The Goddess of health and cleanliness - Signature Londinium - A God from Bolton? I guess so (Unheard of)

Charis - A Greek Goddess of nature and beauty - Collegen - Godess in a jar

The global pantheon of poop Gods - Extro Arzachena splash - The global pantheon of nice smelling Gods

'Oh, Mr Satanfriendly. You truly are the God of charm and obnoxious personality'

How good to be back in Liverpool and reunited with the Mongoose and the cabinet of worldly shaving dreams.

Throw a bunch of Godly shaving accoutrements together, take on Satan, and the light shines on the side of the cleansed. I am sure there is a God of being closely shave in there somewhere, but the Mongoose proves it really is in the realm of the Gods.

I am saved, I am saved, but I remain on the darkside Because I don't have any choice. I do after all, live in Liverpool.

Have a most bodacious week ahead you fantastic forum folk and yes, you are blessed by Aphrodites and the fact, I love you all.

Love though is short. Ask the Beaver. Goddesses of Beaver together with Jenna Jameson.

5AFEBFA3-23FF-4C38-950A-ACC7806FE8F0.jpeg
Simpson Duke 3 Super
Gillette Slim Twist
Polsilver Łódź (1)
OSP Peppermint & Rosemary
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
D.R. Harris Arlington a/s

First use of my NOS Birth year/quarter Slim Twist.
I found it to be a very easy to use, safe and mild razor.
It’s an excellent addition to my collection of classic, ‘daily’ use razors, along with the Krona and Sticky.

Very, very nice.
Enjoy yours gents.

SOTD: 14/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

SOTD 14-Aug
20230814_103946.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Shield Predator
Blade: GEM PTFE (14)

I've been absent on the SOTD reports, it's the same gear each day and I had already got strange looks snapping pics of my shaving gear on the beach when I arrived. On the plus side, so far, it has been remarkably pleasant not having to make a decision each day on what to use, oh the good old days lol.

Alongside this I'm doing the 'RawHoggin' challenge, taking a fresh boar and using it the entire month to see how it breaks in. Going well so far, this thing seems like it's there already.

I was away on what I call a 'Compound Holiday', all inclusive family effort. I'm used to going out and about when I go away, hiring a car or bike and seeing what there is, but with a 4 year old in tow that gets bored at the slightest thing it just wasn't viable. So two weeks of obscene amounts of food, drink and swimming were had instead.

Pleasant shave, excellent finish and sadly now sat indoors with it chucking it down outside.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom