SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

13/9/21

Soap - Intesa Shaving Cream
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

Left out the pre shave soap from yesterday's shave to see if it would make any difference to whether the shaving cream would irritate my face, and it didn't. Nice smooth shave with the Vosk in the Rocket though.

Sunday 12 Sep 2021 - mid-day shave after my regular Sunday morning 30 mile cycle.
All good with the Braveheart and Feather blade - just the tiniest of weepers - have used an old (bought 8? years ago) pack for the past few weeks and those blades are excellent.

Prep: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart
Blade: Feather
Soap: Stirling Eucalytus Mint - almost finished
After: Cold Water splash - allum block - Paco Rabanne 1million ASL

13/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather PB (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk37   (3).JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

11 September

Signature Soaps Danum
Yaqi Dandelion
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Lucky Tiger face tonic

View attachment 76712

A busy Saturday and a late posting, but, a terrific shave this morning despite a bit of a rush. A smooth face was the result, everything working well for this shave, including me.
@Nearsmooth A USA YouTuber says aluminium tins get dented and messed up and don’t look good in SOTD images I think he should check out your (and others) pictures!

SOTD Epic Sunday morning shave
Canny pre shave oil supplied by my mate Joe. Pearl Flexi with a Dorco Titan
DS cosmetics 22mm badger brush
Signature 'Hibernia' soap Brut AS and Bulldog balm.
Awesome shave with the pearl this morning, largely thanks to a glorious lather produced by this soap which is slick thick and creamy. Three passes with the Pearl on settings 3, 2.5 and 2. Pick ups were on 1.5 not that there were many of those. All finished with Brut and Bulldog balm. Happy Shaving
Thanks Mark

Monday 13th SEptember
Vig Shaving Purtech - Palmolive - Schick G1, Jayaruh'd - Schick Proline B #7 - Brut A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
QqxFkrn.jpg

Monday

OSP Sandalwood
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS non-folding
Schick Proline
Men’s Master Professional after shave

I’m not a sandalwood aficionado by any means. My first cream when embarking on ‘proper’ shaving was TOBS Sandalwood, which is excellent imo. From then I got Proraso Sandalwood, which performs very well. Finally, I obtained TOBS Sandalwood soap. This made me feel like I had been shaving with nitric acid; and left me looking like I had been dooking for chips.

@James Riley has produced a very natural sandalwood soap here, I think; no ‘medicinal’ elements and it gave a glorious lather for the Feather. Certainly no reaction in the ‘face like a hallowe’en cake’ sense. Very happy.

Finished off with a splash of the Men’s Master (which I happily endorse too).
7E5432A0-7D1E-4877-A142-7D5FB748E3A7.jpeg

SOTD 13-Sep
DSC02258.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: Wickham Magnum
Razor: Stirling SS HA
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

An interesting one this morning, the decent shave on Saturday lulled me into a false sense of security. Lather was not the best and a blade that has been put through its paces both of which resulted in a harsh shave. Both of these are down to me so I can't blame the razor, but it was a wake up to make sure I pay attention!

On to the standard plate for the next few shaves, fresh blade and I'll see how it plays. I think at the moment though one of these may find their way into my collection eventually, perhaps with a different handle. I won't be rushing to get it (as there are others that I have my eye on), but I can see a place for it.

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Mon 13th September

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officna Artigiana
ER Streamline
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Back to the current rotation using a Streamline which is my favourite oldie.I found the Shave quite harsh though no mishaps, and the finish was generally ultra close, apart from a bit on the tip of the Chin.

2AEA17A8-4019-4786-8ADC-042B5C0B070A.jpeg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (1)

First home shave after a few days out of a suitcase. Maybe shouldn't have chosen the soap I've previously stated reminds me of 80s and 90s hotel rooms :rolleyes:
Lovely relaxing shave, with a brilliant finish. The Prime's a lovely blade, but in my opinion the Titan is not a million miles behind.241768334_4783705774973891_2956231065966853243_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom