SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

17/09/2021 - SEptember

Razor: Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Boti 20mm
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu

IMG_20210917_192843.jpg

Another nice shave with the Enoch. I had read various reviews about this razor and approached it with some hesitancy. Many described it as rough and aggressive. It's certainly efficient but I've had two comfortable shaves it and a Feather Pro.

Gillette Fat Handle English 40’s Tech
Rapira Swede
28mm Silk Smoke Knot
Wilkie Stick
Vintage Shulton Old Spice
Boots Freshwood ASB

Oh this razor! Slotted base which feels heavier than the later rhomboidal style, fully and thickly replated by Prestige in Mexborough and the hollow handle weighted with tungsten putty. Divine balance.

I used the knot only to evaluate its performance and it was outstanding! It will be set in a Yew carved handle which is not yet finished but is well on its way. I will always love a big boar knot and do like badger as well but synthetics truly feel like the future. Plastic is what worries me though…

Thanks to @The Geordie Shaver for the Wilkie stick, the scent of which is superior to the venerable Palmolive variant. Performance is either on a par or better than the aforementioned. ‘Tis sufficient to say there’s not much better lather out there.

Result: glorious shave. I’m enjoying shaving every day for the first time since my office days. Hallelujah!

A very poorly attended SOTD week by me, but to end on from the house of Satanfriendly, a shave with the theme, 'Two Thirds perspective '

20210917_184512.jpg

Putting it in perspective - Stainless Colonial General
Perspectively speaking - Feather Super Professional
From my perspective - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Drawing perspectively - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Clear Perspex - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

A photograph in the balanced 2/3 perspective someone mentioned earlier this week. Right on brother, so correct, only this is a total fuck up.

Fortunately the shave wasn't.

If the the Generals aren't one of the best SE razors ever to grace planet shave then my name isn't Christina. How could you ever go wrong? How could you ever not get perfection? How could I ever blab such a load of shite?

The Krokos still manages to amaze me as a soap and really is top drawer material. Together with the big brass brush a formidable pairing.

Mix everything together in a shaving kind of way and a perfect result is an expectation. And a perfect result it was.

So perfect my wonderful lady asked for a pearl necklace this evening

£3.50 local charity shop

Well all I can say is have a lovely weekend you wonderful people and in case you have missed me saying this for the past week, I love you all :love:

Have some more from the bizarre Japanese duo Puffyshoes

And 5/8 also works nicely

17/09/2021 - SEptember

Razor: Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Boti 20mm
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu

View attachment 77007

Another nice shave with the Enoch. I had read various reviews about this razor and approached it with some hesitancy. Many described it as rough and aggressive. It's certainly efficient but I've had two comfortable shaves it and a Feather Pro.

I wouldn't describe it as 'rough' but it does need care. And even more getting the blade in place

But they do give superb results. So overlooked

873A2E37-8B04-489E-910E-CE0294444B3B.jpeg

SOTD: 09/17/2021
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
A lovely simple shave, a great lather with the Hampshire every time and a smooth post shave feel that lasts half the day. I love this razor and soap!

2C4487EC-0997-44BE-A531-369A391EFBDF.jpeg
pre: hot shower
Brush: wolf whiskers 26mm maggards shd badger
Razor handle: modded Gillette new
Razor head: Gillette old
Blade: willys #1
Soap: Stirling deep blue sea sample

no drama 3 pass shave for dfs+ finish. Giving it a bit of a break from testing gem razor and went with something much milder. The Gillette old head is quite nice and fairly mild (unless my perception is skewed after trying Stirling HA lol! )
Good shave - no sting from AS.

Sunday 19th SEptember
Anbbas Tux - Monsavon - Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
WvnZm8v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom