SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

SOTD : 11th September 2021.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with another vintage SE week, which i will be using for the full week. The mild, but efficient Valet Auto Strop VC1 is always a pleasure to use.

A enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face id feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Very very nice performance from this soap. The scent is great, the lather is richly creamy and slick...
The Red Imp is back, freshly honed on Ozuku. Very nice edge...smooth and comfortable. 3passes for between ccs to sas result without any issues.
20210911_140814.jpg

SOTD 11-Sep
DSC02256.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Casanova' Fanchurian
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Stirling SS HA
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Another good shave, a little more confident. I'm finding that the safety bar on this razor has very little to do with the shave, occasional touch down on the skin but may as well just be the top cap. After 1 pass I could have called it a day, I think this HA is something you would use after you've been stuck in the wilderness for a month or two. None of this is negative in any way shape or form, just an observation. Two instances of blood drawn on the chin and underside of my jaw, stopped immediately without intervention so nothing major. I'll give this HA one more shout then I'll try the standard.

My only negative so far is perhaps the handle, where it sits comfortably in my hand it is right on the lower smooth portion. Which if there's any slickness resulted in a couple of dicey moments. I was warned about the handle size so this doesn't come as a surprise. It works just as well though by holding the end for me, but it is very top heavy so need to completely lay off any pressure.

Fantastically smooth and ready to take my daughter to her first dance class, should be interesting she's only just turned 3.

Hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
11/09/2021 - SEptember

Razor: Supply
Blade: NOS Schick Dutch (2)
Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2B
Soap: Laugar Rimfrost

View attachment 76671

The Supply razor - could it be one of the most underrated razors in Shavingdom? Great shave.
It either works for you or it doesn’t. I have tried it again and again, and have V1 with a 3 dot head. I get a passable Shave with a lot of effort.

Have you tried the V2 3 dot? If I recall correctly it's more assertive - the V2 2 dot being the equivalent of the V1 3 dot. Don't quote me on this though Mike.
Sorry did not put it down properly, I have a 3 dot plate from a V2 which I use on my V1. I really want it to work but it does not for me any way. I think a lot of us have Razors that work for us which do not for others. I loved the looks of my King Cobra but just could not get it to work around the neck.

Sorry did not put it down properly, I have a 3 dot plate from a V2 which I use on my V1. I really want it to work but it does not for me any way. I think a lot of us have Razors that work for us which do not for others. I loved the looks of my King Cobra but just could not get it to work around the neck.
You're right Mike. The Vector was one of those for me. Loved by the masses, beautiful to hold and behold but I just could not click with it.

Today's shave:

rdt21091129kh5.jpg

- L&L Grooming Southern Paradise
- Frank Shaving "Blue Amber" 2-Band
- G&F Timor ZÓE Gold with Sputnik blade
- Pure & Basic Fresh aftershave

:D

IMG_20210911_093342_1~3.jpg
SOTD 11th September 2021

Razor - Blutt - BR1 0.86mm plate
Blade - Souplex #5
Soap - Simpsons luxury shaving cream
Brush - Simpsons TR3
Post - Baxter of California ASB

A superb shave given by the BR1 .86 paired with a Souplex blade, the Simpsons cream is outstanding in its performance and is one I would happily buy once it has been used.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you may be doing.

Until the next time,

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom