SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

F4BC8474-1BC7-469D-B86C-DD8E13097E49.jpegRazor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Polsilver ( Polish )
Brush = Shavemac 400 24mm Two Band
Soap = OSP Old Gold
Splash = TOBS Eton College Collection
Balm = Nivea

Another Cracker for me today with this wonderful homage to Old Spice.
OSP soaps for me are some of the best in the business.
The ease in which they lather up regardless of what brush you makes it a simple task
Everything about it from Slickness to Post Shave is right up at the top ends for me.
The Razor paired with the Polish Polsilver was a dream to use
Overall a top drawer shave & can’t wait for my next shave.
Stay Safe Lads.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Cathey Pacific (stolen)
Soap-Savon de Barbier*
Blade-London Bridge
Razor-Pearl Flexi (4)**
AS-Barts Sample H
AAS-Lavender Oil Dilute

*This soap must have been kicking around for a while as I nearly had to take a can opener to it. Reluctant to lather at first but probably due to ageing. Performed well after a soaking.

**Is this razor a Rex Ambassador copy it certainly exceeds it in the weight dept. Hopeless on the low numbers but suddenly came to life on number 4.

Rex 109 gms
Pearl 143

Turn 'N Shave custom Quarter Moon Tuxedo brush
RazoRock Son of Zeus AS
Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone (criminally underrated non-tallow Italian soap)
Blade (not shown, duh! :rolleyes: ) Gillette Brasil Platinum Plus
GC .68
prototype razor

bCWGQWS.jpg

Sotd-16-09-21.jpg

This morning -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline (3)
brush - Vie-Long Anniversary two-band
soap - La Toja sensitive
post - witch hazel
a/s - La Toja - Manantiales de La Toja
balm - La Toja.

Muy bien. Apart from the razor, keeping it all Spanish today. Unfortunately the Manantiales aftershave is long gone - which is a shame. Gifts and Care carry a product of the same name but it is edt strength not aftershave - must be old stock as the parent company don't list either version on their website. I have read opinions that the former was exactly the same as the 'standard' La Toja splash - just with different labelling but having used both I would respectfully disagree. Third consecutive use of the Cobra and sin sangre - nante claret - I have a horrible feeling I'm pushing my luck. :) We'll see. Shave well all - yours - I.

Razors: Twig (face) Leaf (head)
Blades: GSB
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap: Tabac
ASL: Prorasso Green
ASB: Cerave

As the seasons are beginning to change and steady march towards the cold, dark nights of winter approach, I thought I would mothball my menthol heavy soaps and try something more fitting for the descending leaves of autumn. I have Stirling Piacenza, Cella Red and Tabac for the cold weather rotation.

First time trying Tabac, as I've only really used aritisnal American or italian croaps before I didn't use enough water and it dried on my face. A bit more water and I was flying. I loved it. Can't wait to start using it regularly.

Cheers,
Shane.

Last edited:
PS-Proraso
Brush-Cathey Pacific (stolen)
Soap-Savon de Barbier*
Blade-London Bridge
Razor-Pearl Flexi (4)**
AS-Barts Sample H
AAS-Lavender Oil Dilute

*This soap must have been kicking around for a while as I nearly had to take a can opener to it. Reluctant to lather at first but probably due to ageing. Performed well after a soaking.

**Is this razor a Rex Ambassador copy it certainly exceeds it in the weight dept. Hopeless on the low numbers but suddenly came to life on number 4.

Rex 109 gms
Pearl 143
Rex copied the Homelike Taiga. Pearl copied the Rex. Pearl is heavier because it's Machined Brass that's coated instead of Stainless Steel like the Rex.

Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Merkur Futur (1)
Blade - Gillette 7 O’clock sharpedge (2)
Soap - Signature Soaps Danum
Post - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

Good evening gentlemen.

The first time with the Futur and it certainly won’t be the last. What a cracking razor. Brian’s soap did what it does best and I’m as happy as a rabbit on the first day of mating season.

Stay safe fellas

32CBEA9E-00FA-4570-AA24-62E4B7450DA6.jpeg

CAE82358-4ED4-42D7-AC78-CC714921695F.jpeg
Prep: Shower with PAA menthol cube.

Pre: PAA menthol cube.

Soap: Stirling orange chill.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Pearl Flexi

Blade: Solimo

Oranges and lemons and all that, a lovely clean shave, there are times I think I could sell all my razors and just use the Flexi, (I come to my senses obviously but it’s a great razor!) The scent on these soaps are always great, and I couldn’t have asked for a brighter start to the day!

Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Merkur Futur (1)
Blade - Gillette 7 O’clock sharpedge (2)
Soap - Signature Soaps Danum
Post - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

Good evening gentlemen.

The first time with the Futur and it certainly won’t be the last. What a cracking razor. Brian’s soap did what it does best and I’m as happy as a rabbit on the first day of mating season.

Stay safe fellas

View attachment 76940
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom