SOTD: Saturday 11 November - Friday 17 November 2023.

SOTD: 16th November 2023.

View attachment 113508

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave cream
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D4)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Denim Original ASL.

Greetings,

A great comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off.

The dependable Palmolive classic shave cream provided a slick protective lather in a short space of time.... When ever i mention to family and friends that 'I still wear Denim' i get some vague interesting looks and comments....Not that this concerns me in the slightest, the younger chaps that I work with don't understand the greatness of Denim which is a pity, but it's their loss if they can't appreciate a classic 'Old School' fragrance...That's my excuse anyway.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Denim Original ASL.
My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

I enjoy Denim too! I have a bottle of modem stuff from India plus a 1970s version. They're lack of appreciation just means there's more stock available for us to buy!

SOTD 16-Nov
20231115_152739.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Cracking shave, effortless and smooth run. I sometimes find with the sabre that jumping to the ATG on the second pass can be a bit tricky on the neck (catches occasionally), not so this morning.

Smelling good and ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 16/11/2023

Razor: Gillette 1940's English Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Lea Classic Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice (Imported From India). Aftershave
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Bit of an old school shave today. Mainly for speed. It worked a treat. A touch of burn on my neck but it's always sensitive there. Probably a combination of rushing, a 3rd use blade and a fairly competent soap rather than a great soap.

231116.jpg

Thursday 16th November
Canadian Schick E3 - Personna Stainless #7 - RazoRock Plissoft - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231114-144913-01.jpg

SOTD: 16/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 12th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a grand day, you all!

16 November

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

View attachment 113516
Excellent. The Silver Blue and the Deluxe (now OCD) combination is very good, who knew? I guess it makes sense as the Ikon is heavily influenced by a Gillette design.

Who knew? I did

16/11/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Personna Med Prep (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 46 (6).jpg
Another very smooth shave with the Athena / Med prep Combo (This blade on its 6th shave today).
A full on Tabac experience today, spectacular.
Enjoy your day all.

Savonnaire du Moulin
Neep badger; AP Shave Co Synbad
C V Heljestrand No.32 5/8ths hollow
Krampert’s Bay Rum AS

Shave with my new razor which had a false start as the Neep badger would not raise a descent lather so switched to a synthetic which easily made a great lather. Just a single pass with the straight to test the received edge and very pleased I am as the edge was finished on a natural stone providing a smooth face feel. Finished with a splash of the spicy bay rum which I haven’t used in awhile.

1000001712.jpg

SOTD November 16. 2023.

Razor - Pils
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Figaro P160
Brush - Alpha - Outlaw Cu 26mm silvertip fan knot
Bowl - Standard weight Capitans Choice copper
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

The Figaro P160 (old stock) was whipped into a luxurious lather with the aid of my Alpha Outlaw copper/Silvertip brush and then removed with ease along with my stubble using the wonderful Pils razor fitted with the German Souplex blade, a very enjoyable shave.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last night's seismic stories from the sink. This has translated itself in to pixilated format for ease of reading with the theme, 'Electric'

View attachment 113456

Not an electric razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Not an electric blade - Feather Super Professional
Not an electric brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Not an electric soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Not an electric moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
Not an electric scent - Extro Arzachena
'Doctor Pangallis. And today we learnt that connecting electrodes to ones testicals is not good'

SOTD's have gone somewhat by the side this week due to entertainment from a different angle. My brother-in-law has gone abroad to work for anywhere from 3 months to 2 years and very kindly loaned his car to us for the period.

View attachment 113507

A Kia EV-6. Very nice and slightly different to my own 8 year old 2 door Vauxhall Astra. At least it gives us a taste of a world of electric cars. A tick or a cross? Time will tell

And the shave you boring old fart?

Top class all the way. I have always said the little Yaqi doesn't get enough love and yet it is a very capable razor. Give it a sharp blade in the Super Pro and what it delivers is one superbly smooth and effective shave. Quite the antithesis to me which comes in the rough as a badger's arse and totally inefficient version.

Great effort from Team Lather and I could only wish that I could get my hands on either the Bayolea splash or EDC. If anyone has some lurking in the back of a cupboard I will happily make a nice trade for an electric car. Being as it is not mine.

Hope everyone's week is going fine and dandy and something I seemed to have missed this week, I love you all

A bouncy little tune from someone new to me. The vocalist doesn't half look like the girl from my favourite happy band, Pantyhose. Then again half of them change bands more times than I change my underwear. About every 3 or 4 years. Anyway, Pinglate it is......

Sexy car Chris, love the colour and those wheels, I wish you well to drive it, enjoy! Just avoid giving it a jump start otherwise you could end up looking like that fella in your ff GIF clip :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Thursday 16 November
Staying with brass and today, the Alpha Outlaw C360.
Sputnik blade, no name synthetic brush and Signature soap Londinium lime. Great soap, soft, creamy and scented lather easily applied.
This bad boy is moderately aggressive but given the weight at 106gm you just let the razor do the work. No extra pressure is necessary. Two passes and pick ups gave a very fine bbs finish, no issues. Nuf said.

Have a good day fellas!

IMG_0375.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom