SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Thursday 16th May
Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Vintage Pal #2 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Speick Vegan Stick - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018435-01.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 6 )
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Rich Man Shaving Blood Oath with Super Lux 30mm badger & Voskhod blade.
Soap = Black Ship Peg Leg Nichols with matching splash.
Balm = Loccitane Cade.
IMG_1631.jpegBit of an early morning shave for me today,
i couldn’t sleep so rather than lying there wrestling with hulk hogan i decided to get up.
with all this talk of pirates yesterday i decided to go with the Black Ship.
A fantastic 3 pass shave although these soaps are what you make of them, a hit or miss really,
they are ok ( not great ).
I very much doubt i’d buy any again but might take me a while to get through the 8 i have lol sad i know. Anyway the 6s for me is first class, a real workhorse i can take abroad and not worry about it, i do t treat it with kid gloves as i do with others.
A firm favourite for me but i can understand why others might not like it.
Ironically most of the people that do t like it haven’t tried it lol

Thursday 16 May
My posts haven’t been as regular as I might have liked recently but I have been laid low with Whooping cough the last three weeks and am now only just coming out of it. Caught it off the Mrs :eek: , Believe me fellas, you really don’t want this cough. I can understand why young babies, poor mites, can and do die. There has been an upsurge in UK this year apparently. However a week of antibiotics usually kills it off.
Anyway enough of my ramblings, I used the Tatara yesterday and today, coupled with a Brazilian Wilki courtesy of @Mike Smart (y).
The brush is an old ToBS of mine from years back which I re knotted with a synthetic after wearing out the badger. Only fair to use ToBS shave cream I decided. Yesterday with sb Nodachi head and today with the Masamune oc head. To me both are relatively mild although the oc seemed slightly milder which is odd for an oc maybe. Both gave a bbs finish with ease and with no issues.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0603.jpeg

An excellent shave this morning. The Chinese blade works really well in this razor; no Sticky situation for me.

I chose Autumn Glory as I don't know what's going on with the weather at the moment!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Ri-Mei Super Platinum (Black)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Aftershave: Hai Karate Modern re-release
View attachment 120482
I use Wickham Christmas Spruce all year round Chris, after all, isn’t it more about what’s in the pot than what’s on the pot? To be fair though an interesting and attractive label will usually entice me to buy a soap, as my ever growing collection will bear witness :ROFLMAO: .

Thursday 16 May
My posts haven’t been as regular as I might have liked recently but I have been laid low with Whooping cough the last three weeks and am now only just coming out of it. Caught it off the Mrs :eek: , Believe me fellas, you really don’t want this cough. I can understand why young babies, poor mites, can and do die. There has been an upsurge in UK this year apparently. However a week of antibiotics usually kills it off.
Anyway enough of my ramblings, I used the Tatara yesterday and today, coupled with a Brazilian Wilki courtesy of @Mike Smart (y).
The brush is an old ToBS of mine from years back which I re knotted with a synthetic after wearing out the badger. Only fair to use ToBS shave cream I decided. Yesterday with sb Nodachi head and today with the Masamune oc head. To me both are relatively mild although the oc seemed slightly milder which is odd for an oc maybe. Both gave a bbs finish with ease and with no issues.
Have a great day fellas!

View attachment 120485
Always enjoyed the tatara offerings al. Shame about the overhang of the blade tabs. Always felt that if it was covered it would be one of the best razors out there

I use Wickham Christmas Spruce all year round Chris, after all, isn’t it more about what’s in the pot than what’s on the pot? To be fair though an interesting and attractive label will usually entice me to buy a soap, as my ever growing collection will bear witness :ROFLMAO: .
That's a good point.
My label doesn't say Chris but maybe I am really a Chris after all.
I prefer the Earl Grey and Sharp Dressed Man variants of Stirling in terms of scent but all the Stirling I've tried are great performers.

16/05/24
Pre - Dove Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
20240516_132740.jpg
"Don't look weird, Shave that beard!" Vintage travel blade case in pic today.
Enjoy your day all.

Always enjoyed the tatara offerings al. Shame about the overhang of the blade tabs. Always felt that if it was covered it would be one of the best razors out there
Yes agree J, I’ve always wondered why blade end overhang occurs in some razors and not others. Maybe to have the head plates at a minimum width? Reduces weight? Maybe it’s in order to be a bit easier/safer to remove the blade from the pins. Maybe all the above!
Anybody have the real answer? Al

Yes agree J, I’ve always wondered why blade end overhang occurs in some razors and not others. Maybe to have the head plates at a minimum width? Reduces weight? Maybe it’s in order to be a bit easier/safer to remove the blade from the pins. Maybe all the above!
Anybody have the real answer? Al
Considering tatara are top notch in their line of work with tolerance and quality of steel used. It can’t be out of an engineering direction …. So my train of thought would be how modern the razors look…. But still trying to keep a heritage with the exposed blade tabs like the old Gillette maybe.

Still waiting on the tatara single edge lol. Possibly be waiting a few more years by the looks of things as no news has surfaced recently

Back
Top Bottom