SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Do you know what? In all my years at sea I have actually sailed with Seaman Staines (and probably worn the same), and my physics teacher as an apprentice was Master Bates. He took great pride with his name and an utterly bizarre chap. I will say though I have never rodgered the cabin boy. I do have ethics.

In Mexico the onboard doctors name was Doctora Ruth Ellis Zamora (she had no idea who Ruth Ellis was) and I still have a friend to this day who is Captain Lightening.

Probably a few other oddities down the years. Including myself.
I had the pleasure some years ago to work with a Susan Sheath and a Sally Seaman, two really lovely ladies fellas, honest, believe me.

Milky May

Wednesday 15th May

AP1GczN-BcumV1xWsHOnX1St3nfbcxmlFBmsmSAXYsnBrggp07WlJWx0pgUMpdNrIC0bckQNZYLShWxVsrI-3Mpjbif6yRKvLDSXR07qDx6LMEbiiVzBnjJq_oyf2M5Yzlgwujj-qz1_q7DExdw32Wv8ZOt4xw=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 100T w/Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle Reknot
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Lord Platinum Class (3)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Ruddy superb!

wWV27UZ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Cream: Vintage YSL Kouros
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Stirling Varen Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Vintage YSL Kouros Balm

SOTD 20240515
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: WRB1 white Nylon, premium Boar
Soap: Nuavia verde
Razor: WR4 0.8 SB on WRH3 TI
Blade: Kamisori
AS: Acqua di Parma Tonico dopobarba

SOTD-20240515.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Wed 15th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alphas Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 2 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

A really excellent Shave, set up for a trip to the coast.Actually managed to meet friend who was doing up a house,do not envy them the work to be done.After a couple of bad calls, managed to get a very late lunch.

IMG_0330.jpeg

Colonial General V1
Proline blade
Simpson Brush
A&E Soap

That’s more like it, IMO the General V1 is a better shave than the V2, efficient but without the roughness of V2. Still doesn’t lay a glove on the Mongoose it La Faulx though. Im glad I got to try it as I’m not sure I would buy it considering the other 2 razors I prefer so much more.
IMG_4436.jpeg

FA8A482F-5DE8-4814-804C-514E879BE623.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
The Goodfellas Smile Styletto
Polsilver Łódź (2)
OSP Barbershop
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Paco Rabanne a/s

Better second use of the Styletto. I didn’t immediately click with the razor, and I was envisioning a quick turnaround. It’s a mild aluminium razor and I rather unfairly judged it against the Karve Overlander, as it shares many characteristics. I will give it a fair few uses before evaluating if it’s a keeper.
Why do I keep buying new razors when I think I’ve found perfection with my Overlander?

Enjoy yours chaps.

Thu 16
Soap & Aftershave LaToja Stick + Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor & Blade Gillette Red Tip A3 + American Shave Platinum
This soap is a guarantee for a creamy and super slick lather...and perfect for travel too!
The razor and blade pairing was good for an easy shave...
20240516_091442.jpg

SOTD: 16th May 2024.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg, 2.5-xtg, 3-atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful performance from the Parker Variant/Dorco Prime Platinum duo finish my shaving week off on a high note.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Colonial General V1
Proline blade
Simpson Brush
A&E Soap

That’s more like it, IMO the General V1 is a better shave than the V2, efficient but without the roughness of V2. Still doesn’t lay a glove on the Mongoose it La Faulx though. Im glad I got to try it as I’m not sure I would buy it considering the other 2 razors I prefer so much more.
View attachment 120471

Very much the same line of thoughts as me and why I sold my Generals off some years back.

Long live the Goose

An excellent shave this morning. The Chinese blade works really well in this razor; no Sticky situation for me.

I chose Autumn Glory as I don't know what's going on with the weather at the moment!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Ri-Mei Super Platinum (Black)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Aftershave: Hai Karate Modern re-release
IMG_20240516_080114.jpg

Back
Top Bottom