SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Tuesday 14th May
Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Vintage Pal #1 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Palmolive Stick - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018415-01.jpg

I was encouraged to use a vintage Pal blade in my Injectomatic after seeing Tony's (@Tony'schin) post a few weeks back.
I was pleasantly surprised. I agree with it's performance, as it was slightly rough on the 1st pass, but quickly smoothed out on subsequent passes and resulted in a fine shave.
Quite chuffed actually.

20240514_105936.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razor Yaqi Excalibur.
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (9).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.

I wanted to see how the Excalibur coped with 2 days growth and a cold water shave, it took 3 full passes to finally get to where I wanted to be Shave wise and one point the razor head became loose from the handle.
We did get there though and I do have a nice bbs face.
The Highlander Badger is going to be my Stirling Menthol type soap brush from now on because the difference in lather was like night and day compared to the recent Boar and synthetic brushes I have tried with them.
The Stirling Black Ice is still bitterly disappointing, I won't be buying it again and as soon as the splash is used up the remaining soap will just get put in the bin.
The black Jack's sweets smell is it's only redeeming feature.

That's all folkes and enjoy the day ahead.

Tuesday 14 May
Shield ac
Feather pro guard
M de C Fougere
Simpsons Emperor

My first use of the Pro guard blade was in the OREN, which gave extremely good results, the second use today in the Shield was also very good but seemed a little smoother. I’m thinking blades probably need one or 2 uses to really bed in. One pass wtg plus pick ups was enough today for a dfs finish.
The different names that Simpsons give their brushes is curious as they don’t really relate to shaving. Maybe the thought behind the Emperor which is a relatively squat broad brush is linked to Napoleon Bonaparte, who was a short arse I think.
Delicious Fougere completed todays combo.

Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0599.jpeg

Maiden head shave with a DE:

• 3one6
  • Personna blue (1)
  • MWF
  • Vulfix 404
  • Prorasso sensitive balm.
Started head shaving recently with a Mach 3 - thought, I would just go for it with a DE. It was an ok shave, one slight nick in the fold at the back of my head. A true blind spot! Had worse on my chops! Will keep practicing and touch up with a Mach 3.

The rest of the shave was fuss free. Cannot beat the Fat.

2024-05-14-07-38-55-936~6.jpg
fantastic razor. felt really solid and safe and comfortable and completely tamed the sharp 7oclock green. not the closest shave but a lovely comfortable daily head shaver and just really enjoyable to use.

it's been years since I used a tub of proraso green and I seem to remember it leaving a white residue but either red or the tube is different or they've changed the formula since this lather was great. it shaved off completely nice and clean and dry and felt moisturised. maybe it's the shea butter. I'll see if I get bored of the scent by the end of the tube but really liking it so far. nice, perfumy sandalwood. I shower after I shave so I can wash the lather off my head completely but I left the lather on the brush so I could use what's left to wash my hands and face with again after getting ready and enjoy the scent a little longer.

I've ordered another tube already.

Thanks for asking...I do training (relating to O&G and Windfarm). Oftentimes the crew will visit the various centers to complete their necessary training but sometimes the entire crew is unable to due to logistics and timing...lucky me then;)

Sounds like a nice change even if ships should be well avoided. Even if it took me 47 years to learn that one. 26 of them O&G.

Enjoy your time afloat

• 3one6
  • Personna blue (1)
  • MWF
  • Vulfix 404
Started head shaving recently with a Mach 3 - thought, I would just go for it with a DE. It was an ok shave, one slight nick in the fold at the back of my head. A true blind spot! Had worse on my chops! Will keep practicing and touch up with a Mach 3.

Well done with your head shaving journey. Your shaving instinct will eventually guide you to be familiar with your head blind spots. There's nothing better than a head shave, especially with recent weather we've been getting.

Last edited:

• 3one6
  • Personna blue (1)
  • MWF
  • Vulfix 404

I have been using the Headblade razor for nearly twenty years holding the Gillette Sensor blades ( which are getting expensive ) much easier to use than a DE and less blood!

wWV27UZ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Cream: Vintage YSL Kouros
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Stirling Varen Aftershave Lotion
Scent: YSL Kouros Balm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom