SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

SOTD: 11th May 2024.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas' Smile Abysso ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

The lathering performance from the Abysso shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Sat 11
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
My top favorite soap & splash set...the sweet aromatic pipe scent is just marvelous!
Enjoyed a beautiful shave with this audible razor. Initially, I was not too fond of this hollow ground edge but now loving it...I guess back then I was still inexperienced...

really nice little shaver. I expected it to be more aggressive than a tech, say, because it's open comb, but it's really smooth and pretty mild. went with gear I know well, went carefully and got a great, familiar result. not incredibly close but no irritation or aftershave sting. will try a sharper blade next. fantastic shave on a lovely sunny morning.

Saturday 11 May
OREN +++
Feather Pro Guard
Spanish Leather
Henri et Victoria badger
Vintage Avon Musk for men

An excellent combo today. Almost bbs going wtg, needed minimal atg and pick ups to finish a proper bbs with no issues.
The Avon a/s has a very distinctive scent reminiscent of barber shop. As splashes go it’s not that long lasting but does give a refreshing feel after a close shave.
Enjoy the weekend fellas!

11 May

TOBS St. James
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Treet Platinum
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

Lovely Saturday shave. The Trafalgar picked up so much cream that I had enough rich Taylor’s lather for three shaves! Two comfortable passes with the Ikon and I soon had a smooth face. A splash of Floïd started the day right.

SOTD: 11/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C, 5 plate
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Sat 11th May

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L’Occitane Cade cream
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 2 )
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

A nice change today as I used a cream rather than a soap. As usual I overloaded the Brush, but as a result got a rich creamy lather to shave with. Very pleased with the finished Shave, an all round close finish.

Sotd - 11-05-24

Head - Leaf Twig - Treet Classic - Baxters of California brush-less creme - witch hazel - Nivea Fresh Gel
Face - Mergress - Treet Classic - Simpson TSN LE best - Williams Menthol Cool - witch hazel - Floid Mentally Vigorous - Creed Aventus

Sometimes I surprise myself with my stupidity - it's a warm day here - what could be better than a freshly shaved 'minty heid' and a nice mentholated face shave? Yeah great. Let's do that. Go into mindful mode - not paying attention - until it occurs to me something is a bit weird about this. Ah yes! The cooling effect of the menthol creme is somewhat dissipated by preparing it in a toasty warm scuttle. Fcuk me. What a twat. Enjoy yours - I.