SOTD: Saturday 11 February - Friday 17 February 2023

Monday AM 2023-02-13
The Marquis de Sade was arrested and imprisoned in Vincennes fortress, without charges, on this date in 1777
PTsWxb6.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

A favorite for a long time, the C&E IMHO is the best almond cream ever made. The razor/blade combination is marvelous. And I really wish the R-160 balm was still made. Quite soothing, it is thin like a milk.
pcpTjMt.jpg
Q4hkUjA.jpg

13/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - MWF/ Kent
Brush - ApShaveCo 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - Dorco Titan (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

I used my new APSC Synbad for the first time and it was nice enough during the shave. I found it to have less backbone than Plissoft/Tuxedo knots but less than Cashmere, which is a soft floppy mop of a brush.
Nice shave with the Rocket HD & Dorco Titan.

IMG_20230213_124913.jpg

0F20DA9B-F97A-4BD2-8557-AB0450E0E2EC.jpeg
SOTD: 13/02/2023

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

Last shave before heading out in the windowless caravan. It didn’t disappoint, both the razor and soap were too knotch.

13/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - MWF/ Kent
Brush - ApShaveCo 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Rocket HD
Blade - Dorco Titan (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

I used my new APSC Synbad for the first time and it was nice enough during the shave. I found it to have less backbone than Plissoft/Tuxedo knots but less than Cashmere, which is a soft floppy mop of a brush.
Nice shave with the Rocket HD & Dorco Titan.

View attachment 100590
Razor snap!

Blade: Dovo Prima
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Splash: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Brush Simpson Duke 3

Round #2 with the straight and I did a little better this time. Still a long way to go for a quick, clean and smooth shave but I'm learning.

I really spoiled myself with the Seaforth! to see what all the hype over the pond was about. The soap base lathers well and the slickness was good too. The scent has a depth of spice which is long lasting without being overpowering but still the lime top notes. Despite being alcohol free the splash didn't feel to add much in the way of skin care. 20230212_204948.jpg

11/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - 7 o' Clock PS Green
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
View attachment 100437
Early nights just don't work for me, i was up at 3.30am this morning, after a cup of tea i decided on an early shave while trying to be quiet so Mrs TC was not disturbed.
A nice enough 2 pass shave has left me with a fine finish, although i can feel a little irritation on the left-hand jawline, my angle was a little off. The half-blade just managed to get through its second 2 pass shave - not bad really. The Focus is a really nice shavette and the best of all the half-blade ones i have tried.
Right then, what can i do next - quietly.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Didn't realise you were a shavette user

My shavette/AC skills have improved a lot but still time consuming and harder to get BBS atg in particular

And the theme for this shave was, 'Oh just get on with it will you?'

20230212_151632.jpg

Get that razor - Tatara Nodachi
The blade to get - Polsilver Lodz
Brush get the to - Hive-2
Get some of that soap - The Bath House Orange flower
Get smelling nice - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'And then it goes over his, you know, his John Thomas. As he says, don't pull the wool over his, knob'

I have to say, I so love your SOTD posts. So much thought goes into them. I'm more of a razor, soap, blade, and aftershave type poster and thats what you get. I scan SOTD and make a point of reading yours, and others that catch my intrest. But yeah the Satan man rites good words. :ROFLMAO:

Mr @jimmyc you are so correct, so that's all you're bloody well getting tonight.

That was the stuff. It was wonderful

Have some Japanese lasses. The Beaver

Last edited:
Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: Blackland ERA - L4 SB
Blade: Gillette Super Thin - NOS Colombia (1)
Soap: Vitos Extra Super (from the block)
Brush: Omega Evo - 28mm Synthetic

20230213-010457.jpg

I thought I would be back and revisit an 'old school' soap that I found stashed away. Whilst I was expecting post shave to lag a little behind current offerings, surprisingly it was difficult to get a decent lather. We shall persevere...

SOTD 14-Feb
Screenshot_20230212_150605_Lightroom-01.jpg
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MWF
Razot: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Proline B-20

I've now taken to phone photo editing to keep myself entertained with these pics, more bored on that front than the soap! On the plus side it's the 14th:

Half Way GIF by Quizizz

Decent shave this morning, the semogue whipping up a fantastic lather. This soap really takes to a harder brush. Paired with the injectomatic led to a comfortable smooth finish.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 14th February 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shaving Soap.
Blade: Ninja Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 39C Slant Bar.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Gummy Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne. / The Real Shaving Co SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A very brisk invigorating early morning cold water shave.

I haven't used the Clubman Pinaud soap for a while and forgot how much a great in-expensive soap it is.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of The RS Co SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Tue 14
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
A truly top-shelf soap and matching splash! Love the aromatic pipe scent and richly creamy and slick lather! The brush is as awesome! An excellent shave with this razor freshly off 60 laps on handheld HBA with running water. Smooth and crisp in 3 passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230214_134330.jpg

Back
Top Bottom