SOTD : Saturday 10th October to Friday 16th October 2020.

Tues 13th October

Vulfix 404 -mixed
Lea Classic soap ER1924
Gem S/S ( 2 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

This has made made up for my last Shave on Sunday, which rather surprised me as I was using an old favourite -an ER Streamline. Today all was good, though I got the lather a bit thin it did not affect the Shave, smooth and comfortable with a superb close all round finish. Just wish they all were this good.

IMG_0051.jpg

Tuesday AM 2020-10-13
National Train Your Brain Day
KZn200D.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops of Bulgaria Rose Absolute/Rose Hydrosol mix
Carbon Damascus/R2
Wilkinson London Bridge (16)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

The brush really is too big for me, but it's luxurious. The absolute/hydrosol mixture sweetened the lather slightly, but I think I need to use more - perhaps a teaspoon - next time. I think the blade is starting to dull just a bit; they don't last quite as long for me as the Light Brigades.
QCfGZEe.jpg

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
F.W Engels Special Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Wickam 1912 Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Shave Tonight with My F.W Engels Special Solingen 5/8th ..This One has a Gun Metal Black Tang..I Have a Fetish for Solingen Razors that were More or Less Made for the USA Market..Its Hard to Find Em in Mint Condition Mind..Lovely Shavers & Quite Fancy as Well..Wunderbar..:cool:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

A later than usual shave for me today and a double whammy…using some of my travel gear to make sure it doesn't go Covid-stale and, in-keeping with my current (and admittedly bizarre) ‘shaving delights on a tray' theme, it's on another tray! Wow! my imagination has just gone wild!!!!!

Tray 3: Travel mirror tray

Pre-shave: Shower and hot water-soaked waffle towel
Shaving soap: Edwin Jagger Traditional Aloe Vera (Travel Pot)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger Travel Brush
Razor: EJDE89 Knurled short
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Post-shave: Cold water rinse | La Toja AS | GFT Sandalwood (decanted into vintage bottles)

Photo: I wanted to capture something of the 1950's vintage feel in this one...

TravelTray.jpg

Overall: This little fold-flat tray is from around the 1950's (I think). I've had it for just a few years but it packs away nicely and is a much better than some of those overly-small shaving mirrors that seem to abound nowadays. This is my most used travel brush and soap. The brush continues to be a fantastic little lather engine and the soap remains reliably thick and creamy. I have a few Mach 3 blades left that I only use when travelling, but I have decided that when these blades have been used up I won't replace them. Instead I will use my recently acquired short knurled-handle EJDE89...hence the trial run today. The AS and balm are decanted into two little vintage bottles. All together they make a very handy travel kit while delivering a quality feel. One day soon I hope I'll be able to use this stuff when actually travelling! Here's hoping:unsure::rolleyes:

Enjoy the mid-week everyone(y);):)

blunt-no-more.jpg

pre-shave: Kelvin 306 Hydrogen Oxide Wash
brush: Bulldog Original Bamboo
razor: ancient Bagnall near-wedge found under a rock at Stonehenge
soap: Tabac
post-shave: WAFT "Air Frais" (unscented)

A landmark shave for a straight-razor apprentice: my first shave with my own edge. Two slightly scritchy passes for a CCS.

I'd reset the bevel on 30u lapping film then worked my way down to 0.3u. Not the sharpest edge, it must be said. I'm sure it's possible to do a lot better with the materials I've got. But (just) sharp enough to shave with.

There's a big plus side to a mild edge on a straight razor: a very relaxing shave with a forgiving blade. That was nice. The last time I used my ultra-sharp shavette I got blood on the wall.

Wed 14th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Pearl OC (local name-Cukur) on Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Stainless #5
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Good soap and together with the brush created a nice slick lather with pleasant scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very good and efficient. So smooth and comfortable for 3+1 pass for a BBS result. The following post & aftershave was great.
Rating 9.6/10
20201013_232519.jpg
20201014_071750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom